Apple will reportedly be holding a new product launch event on September 12, during which the company is expected to unveil the newest slate of iPhones.
Apple itself has yet to confirm that it is holding an event on the 12th of September but we should expect to see media invites go out fairly soon, particularly now that the news is out there. Of course, the latest report is welcome news for Apple fans who, for several months now, have been waiting for the tech giant to announce the iPhone 8 release date. Now there is a new contender in the town - the Steve Jobs Theater at the Apple Park, the official name of the Cupertino company's "Spaceship" headquarters.More news: India, China to pull back troops from border confrontation
Apart from a full-frontal OLED display with zero bezels, other ways the upcoming iPhone 8 would be distinctive is the inclusion of an innovative 3D face cam that would make the owner's face serve as the password. If we look in past, Apple used the same date to launch iPhone 5 and now the company is willing to come up with a new fully redesigned device five years later.
As for some other iPhone 8 tidbits worth mentioning, it's believed that the entry-level iPhone 8 will sport 64GB of storage, with more premium models offering users 256GB and 512GB of storage.More news: Houston Astros owner donates $4million to Hurricane Harvey relief efforts
At the event, it's also been reported that we'll see the introduction of a successor to the 4th generation Apple TV - one which will include support for 4K and HDR image output.
If you have been following the iPhone 8 leaks for a while and can't wait to find out when the handset will be launched, you might want to block your date for September 12.
As far as the updated versions of iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus are concerned, pictures of a couple of iPhone dummy models show Apple devices with a glass backing. Analysts predict the iPhone 8 will be limited supply after it is officially announced given the high demand for the smartphone.More news: Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind Murdered, Body Found In North Dakota River
- Officials after levee breaches in Texas: 'Get out now!'
- Disappointed you missed totality? Oklahomans can catch the next eclipse in 2024
- IL House passes school funding bill
- GOP senator wants details on border wall construction
- Veteran filmmaker Tobe Hooper, pioneer of horror films, passes away at 74
- Manchester City Offer Star Player As Part Of Alexis Sanchez Deal
- Dams and levee overflow as Houston suffers under Storm Harvey deluge
- Google launches resource on the benefits of using certified Android devices
- Indian guru sentenced to 20 years in prison
- Champion Real Estate Investment Trust (2778.HK) Seeing Increased Action in Session