Also announced today is Amazon's Connected Speaker APIs, which will let you use Alexa to control connected audio systems. The multi-room feature as Amazon is calling it, will let you connect more than one Echo speaker together and let you synchronize your music streaming so that it plays along on both speakers, or all speakers if you have more than two. The feature is available in the U.S., Britain and Germany. Support for Spotify and SiriusXM is coming soon.
If you've got a couple of Amazon's Alexa-enabled smart speakers scattered throughout your home, then here's some news you've probably been waiting to hear. This means you can now pump the jams from one Echo device, or a group of them, using simple voice controls.More news: Can Roger Federer be stopped at the 2017 US Open?
The retailer already offers a family plan for its music streaming service, setting you back $149 a year for the entire family, which appeals to Prime subscribers the most. "Moreover, the device will support multiple voice platforms and music services, allowing customers to effortlessly control their music on Sonos". "We're proud of the work we've done together as Amazon's first multi-room partner - all you'll need is an Alexa-enabled device and playing music out loud on Sonos will be as easy as saying 'Alexa, play music in the living room'". It seems like Amazon is going after that, by making the sound in the Echo better. Next, select Groups, Create Group, Multi-Room Music.
However, as with other Alexa features, expect the functionality of Multi-Room Music to increase. The APIs are now available in developer preview.More news: GOP senator wants details on border wall construction
Amazon.com, Inc's Music Unlimited (NASDAQ:AMZN) prices are lower for students now.More news: Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind Murdered, Body Found In North Dakota River
- Apple iPhone 8 tipped to launch on September 12
- Dams and levee overflow as Houston suffers under Storm Harvey deluge
- Disappointed you missed totality? Oklahomans can catch the next eclipse in 2024
- Animal Shelters Filling Up With Pets In Harvey's Wake
- Houston Astros owner donates $4million to Hurricane Harvey relief efforts
- Pope to Visit Myanmar, Bangladesh Amid Rohingya Crisis
- Israel settlements big hurdle to two-state solution
- Manchester City Offer Star Player As Part Of Alexis Sanchez Deal
- Trump calls Chelsea Manning 'he' in attack on transgender soldier
- IL House passes school funding bill