It has also been reported that the Londoners are interested in Sergio Aguero, but sources close to the player stress he has no interest in the move.More news: IL House passes school funding bill
Widespread reports are suggesting Pep Guardiola's eagerness to bring Sanchez to City will see him consider releasing Sterling as part of a £70m deal, with Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger a stated admirer of the former Liverpool winger.
Sanchez has been heavily linked with a move away from Arsenal, who failed to qualify for the Champions League last season and lost heavily to Liverpool at the weekend.
There is expected to be plenty of movement in the Gunners' rank before Thursday's transfer deadline with Kieran Gibbs, Lucas Perez, Mathieu Debuchy, Shkodran Mustafi all on the edge of leaving the club.More news: Google launches resource on the benefits of using certified Android devices
It looks like Alexis Sanchez is finally on his way out of Arsenal with Manchester City in pole position to secure the Chilean's signature.
Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka said he could not go out of his house here after his team's embarrassing 0-4 defeat at the hands of Liverpool on Sunday.
Still, a bid of around £70million might be enough to coax them into relinquishing their grasp on the 28-year-old forward.More news: Houston Airport Service Updates
Aguero's future at City has been the subject of much speculation in recent times due to the recent arrival of Gabriel Jesus and Arsenal's reported proposal will force Guardiola to consider how much he values the Argentina global.
- Veteran filmmaker Tobe Hooper, pioneer of horror films, passes away at 74
- Dams and levee overflow as Houston suffers under Storm Harvey deluge
- Houston Astros owner donates $4million to Hurricane Harvey relief efforts
- Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind Murdered, Body Found In North Dakota River
- India, China to pull back troops from border confrontation
- Indian guru sentenced to 20 years in prison
- Trump's Transgender Military Ban: 5 Things You Need to Know
- Champion Real Estate Investment Trust (2778.HK) Seeing Increased Action in Session
- GOP senator wants details on border wall construction