County officials issued a mandatory evacuation order on Sunday for the entire western half of the county. "GET OUT NOW!" the county posted on Twitter at 10:30.
Headed east, the storm was due to dump more heavy rain across both states, worsening the "catastrophic and life-threatening" flooding situation, before making landfall again Wednesday morning, near the Texas-Louisiana border, according to the CNN Weather Center.
A levee in Texas's Brazoria County has been breached, with local officials urging residents to "get out now" as Tropical Storm Harvey continues to hammer the Lone Star State. With rescues continuing, that number seemed certain to grow. "But it does mean we need to expand our capabilities and our capacity", Mr Turner said. The youngest in the family was six years old.More news: Houston Astros owner donates $4million to Hurricane Harvey relief efforts
The disaster has unfolded on a dramatic scale, with Houston - the fourth largest city in the U.S. - paralyzed by the storm and subsequent flooding.
Rescuers continued plucking people from inundated Houston neighbourhoods.
The disaster is unfolding on an epic scale, with the nation's fourth-largest city mostly paralysed by the storm that parked itself over the Gulf Coast. Sylvester said the Coast Guard was taking more than 1,000 calls per hour.More news: Dams and levee overflow as Houston suffers under Storm Harvey deluge
Columbia Lakes is a neighborhood located in the southern portion of Brazoria County, where it is surrounded by the towns of Angleton, Lake Jackson and Brazoria.
Mr Turner has inisisted that a mass evacuation of millions of people by auto was a greater risk than enduring the storm.
The Red Cross said volunteers made more space in part by pushing some camp beds closer together.More news: Apple iPhone 8 tipped to launch on September 12
"We've got a lot of low-lying areas that are experiencing flooding", Trower said.
- Veteran filmmaker Tobe Hooper, pioneer of horror films, passes away at 74
- Houston Airport Service Updates
- Champion Real Estate Investment Trust (2778.HK) Seeing Increased Action in Session
- GOP senator wants details on border wall construction
- IL House passes school funding bill
- Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind Murdered, Body Found In North Dakota River
- Google launches resource on the benefits of using certified Android devices
- Trump's Transgender Military Ban: 5 Things You Need to Know
- Manchester City Offer Star Player As Part Of Alexis Sanchez Deal
- India, China to pull back troops from border confrontation