North Korea has apparently completed preparations for another nuclear test at its Punggye-ri nuclear test site, according to a National Intelligence Service (NIS) report to the parliamentary intelligence committee on Monday.
Like a lot of things in North Korea, Kim Jong-un's family life is shrouded in mystery.
The news about the third child's birth came the same day that North Korea fired a ballistic missile over the Japanese island of Hokkaido before landing in the Pacific Ocean.
The third child of North Korea's leader Kim Jong-un was born this year, according to the South Korean National Intelligence Service.More news: Houston police rescue 2000 people but more awaiting help
There was speculation that Ri was pregnant late a year ago, when she disappeared from public view for several months, a time frame that would seem to line up with a February birth.
"I held their baby Ju Ae and spoke with Ms. Ri as well", he said, describing Kim as "a good dad".
American basketball player Dennis Rodman, who visited Pyongyang in 2013, said the second child was a girl and was called Zhu-E.
North Korea has been conducting a large-scale campaign to sort out disgruntled citizens amid growing public fatigue over toughened global sanctions against the impoverished state, Seoul's spy agency said Monday.More news: Fifth Harmony rumoured to split
On the possibility of additional provocations, the NIS predicted that the North could launch another ballistic missile during the remainder of the ongoing South Korea-U.S. military exercise set to end Thursday or in time for its regime's foundation on September 9.
Kim also said there is a high likelihood the projectiles launched on Saturday are short-range missiles but investigation is ongoing, News 1 reported. Even the exact age of the current leader and that of his wife are not known.
Little is known about the new generation of the Kim dynasty, one of whom, barring the regime's collapse, is likely to succeed their father in the DPRK's quasi-monarchical system.
However, the details of the first and the third child are still not confirmed.More news: Can Roger Federer be stopped at the 2017 US Open?
- Peruvian Olympic runner Torrence found dead
- Joel Osteen responds to accusations of closing church doors to Harvey evacuees
- Look Out, Sonos: Amazon Echos Now Offer Whole-Home Audio
- Israel settlements big hurdle to two-state solution
- Anti-Whaling Activists Prove No Match for Japanese Military Leviathan
- EU's Barnier says United Kingdom must be clearer on Brexit as talks continue
- Officials after levee breaches in Texas: 'Get out now!'
- Trump calls Chelsea Manning 'he' in attack on transgender soldier
- Manchester City Offer Star Player As Part Of Alexis Sanchez Deal
- Disappointed you missed totality? Oklahomans can catch the next eclipse in 2024