The game had been moved from Houston to the home of the Cowboys because of widespread flooding in the Houston area. The Texans can't get home and likely will stay in the Dallas area until at least after Thursday night's game, although a decision on the game still has not been announced.
The game, which was originally scheduled for Houston, was moved to Arlington. "And I'm not sure it would have been fair to do so". The team has been practicing this week at the Cowboys' facility in Frisco, Texas.
The Texans open the regular season at NRG Stadium a week from Sunday against the Jaguars. "We've been truly inspired by the resilience we have seen as people continue to deal with what's going on".
When Texans star J.J. Watt was asked Monday whether the game should be cancelled entirely, he said there were "much bigger things at hand".More news: Bella Hadid confirmed for 2017 Victoria's Secret fashion show
"I think it's the right decision", he said. The Texans and the National Football League followed suit Monday, each pledging $1 million to the United Way of Greater Houston Flood Relief Fund.
"I think we have the best fans, anyway, so just imagine what NRG Stadium will be like for that first home game". In response, Watt chose to help raise money for flooding victims. Since then, he's been offering video updates as the total climbed over $6 million. He set up a YouCaring.com campaign with an initial goal of $100,000 on Sunday, and it's grown substantially since. It's bigger than any of us. We'll wait and see what that announcement is.
Watt added that he has trucks filled with supplies that he expects to arrive in Houston by this weekend. "It's an unfortunate situation, but we're going to focus on Jacksonville and do whatever we can get to a win for this city".
"No", Watt said Tuesday.More news: Fifth Harmony rumoured to split
"It's been extremely hard to watch", he said. "The most hard times bring out the best in humanity".
Coach Jason Garrett said the Cowboys were planning a practice Thursday that would involve "some sort of community outreach".More news: Left-wing MSPs rule out Scottish Labour leadership bid after Kezia Dugdale quits
- Farrah Abraham's Daughter Needs To Focus On Modeling, So Now She's Homeschooled
- Nigeria Confirms Its 5 Pilgrims To Mecca Have Died
- Terry Pratchett's unpublished works destroyed by steamroller, as per his wishes
- West Nile-infected mosquitoes found in Groton
- US GDP Growth Revised Up to 3.0% Pace in the Second Quarter
- Anti-Whaling Activists Prove No Match for Japanese Military Leviathan
- Taylor Swift makes biggest YouTube debut ever with new music video
- Sharjeel Khan banned for five years in PSL spot-fixing case
- Three killed as floods swamp India's financial hub Mumbai
- Houston police rescue 2000 people but more awaiting help