"I welcome the fact that the United Nations Security Council has been united in its condemnation of the actions of North Korea".
Her comments come after a North Korean missile was sacked over north Japan, before crashing into the sea.
Landing in Japan just 36 hours after Pyongyang sent a missile over the north of the country, the Prime Minister insisted the United Kingdom would be re-doubling its efforts to curb the regime's weapons testing programme.
The source added the leaders wanted to increase the effectiveness of the current sanctions by helping others to implement them.
She and Japanese Defense Minister Itsunori Onodera met on the Izumo at a naval base in Yokosuka, south of Tokyo.
British Prime Minister Theresa May called on China to put more pressure on North Korea to stop missile tests, saying Beijing has a key role to play in worldwide efforts to prevent what she described as significant provocation by Pyongyang. "We must work together to enhance our collective response to the threats to the worldwide order and global peace and security", she said.
Number 10 said the Prime Minister and her Japanese counterpart Shinzo Abe will "explore" fresh sanctions against Kim Jong Un's regime in a second day of talks on Thursday.Читайте также: Nigeria Confirms Its 5 Pilgrims To Mecca Have Died
"So I am determined that we will seize the opportunity to become an ever more outward-looking global Britain, deepening our trade relations with old friends and new allies around the world", she said, according to Britain's Press Association.
May described Japan as "the UK's closest security partner in Asia" and a "like-minded partner".
May is visiting Japan for the first time as prime minister.
Fox said his country will continue working to attract Japanese investment.
"And by the visit today it gives a sign of the growing cooperation and partnership that we have on defence". She is to meet Emperor Akihito on Friday before leaving.
The US and Japan also plan to call for an worldwide ban on oil exports to North Korea in a United Nations Security Council emergency meeting next Tuesday, Japan's Nikkei Asian Review reported.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Paris St-Germain, Monaco Agree Loan Deal For Striker Kylian Mbappe
- Voters Split on Trump's Plan to Increase Troops in Afghanistan
- Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) Stake Raised by Robeco Institutional Asset Management BV
- Texas Mother Died Saving Daughter 'Clinging' to Her in Harvey Flood
- Bella Hadid confirmed for 2017 Victoria's Secret fashion show
- Terry Pratchett's unpublished works destroyed by steamroller, as per his wishes
- The iPhone 8's dock might work more like the new iPad's
- Taylor Swift makes biggest YouTube debut ever with new music video
- National Guard Response to Harvey Could Rise Tenfold, If Needed
- Samsung announces Gear Fit2 Pro, Gear Sport