Chelsea went into deadline day in desperate need of reinforcements in the wing-back areas, and they have got that in the shape of Zappacosta.
Torino could accept Chelsea's late bid but they need to find a replacement for Zappacosta before.More news: Drinkwater asks to leave Leicester amid Chelsea bids
The England global signed a five-year deal with Chelsea and adds experience to a thin midfield after multiple departures this summer.
Zappacosta is set to provide competition on the right flank at Stamford Bridge.More news: Sharapova, a Momentary Underdog, Is Hunting Wins Again
Both deals were concluded in the final hours of the transfer window, strengthening a Chelsea squad that had looked thin early on this season. "I hope I can show my quality to the coach, my teammates and the supporters".
While Tottenham pinched striker Fernando Llorente from Swansea right under Antonio Conte's nose.More news: Terry Pratchett's unpublished works destroyed by steamroller, as per his wishes
Zappacosta was selected by Antonio Conte as a reserve player for Euro 2016, but he did not get to make his Italy debut until November, by which time Conte was at Chelsea.
- The iPhone 8's dock might work more like the new iPad's
- Real Life Clowns Are Losing Work Because Of "It"
- Microsoft will launch the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update on October 17th
- Samsung announces Gear Fit2 Pro, Gear Sport
- Sharjeel Khan banned for five years in PSL spot-fixing case
- Paris St-Germain, Monaco Agree Loan Deal For Striker Kylian Mbappe
- Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) Stake Raised by Robeco Institutional Asset Management BV
- Left-wing MSPs rule out Scottish Labour leadership bid after Kezia Dugdale quits
- Texans-Cowboys preseason game canceled due to Hurricane Harvey
- Legendaries Raikou, Entei and Suicune coming to Pokemon GO