Rescue and relief operations underway after a part of the Ghazipur garbage landfill collapsed in east Delhi on Friday afternoon.
"Two persons, Raj Kumari (32) and Abhishek (22), have died and four others rescued", a senior police official said.
Due to the impact of the collapse, a Hyundai X-cent sedan, a motorcycle and a scooter fell into the canal and were pulled out later.More news: Texans-Cowboys preseason game canceled due to Hurricane Harvey
Garbage landfill caves in at Ghazipur, Delhi.
"It is important that steps be taken to develop alternate additional landfill sites for Delhi and scientific disposal of garbage be ensured".
This is the second incident of collapse in the national capital on Friday. Some garbage also reached the road. Another bike rider who had fallen into the canal has been rescued.More news: Who Should Play the Joker? Leonardo DiCaprio, Say Warner Bros
However, A team of the National Disaster Response Force or NDRF and the rescue operations are now underway.
East Delhi MCD mayor Neema Bhagat has confirmed the incident and said at least three people have been killed in the incident.
ANI also reported the police as saying that one body had been recovered from the canal, and further rescue operations are under way. "Reason of the incident can be ascertained only after investigation".More news: Protesters rally outside Trump buildings to save Dreamer program
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and his deputy Manish Sisodia went to the accident spot and blamed the BJP-ruled municipal corporation for the accident.
- Sharapova, a Momentary Underdog, Is Hunting Wins Again
- Tottenham signing Llorente dreaming of trophies with Spurs
- Boats carrying fleeing Rohingya sink in Bangladesh; 26 dead
- Microsoft will launch the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update on October 17th
- Texas Mother Died Saving Daughter 'Clinging' to Her in Harvey Flood
- Drinkwater asks to leave Leicester amid Chelsea bids
- Voters Split on Trump's Plan to Increase Troops in Afghanistan
- Legendaries Raikou, Entei and Suicune coming to Pokemon GO
- Gas prices to continue climb
- Moscow to inform Washington of its reaction to consulate closure - Lavrov