This post Master P Says Kevin Hart's Hurricane Harvey Challenge Isn't Necessary first appeared on Vibe.
A handful of Hollywood stars were quick to accept Hart's challenge.More news: Moscow to inform Washington of its reaction to consulate closure - Lavrov
Actress Sandra Bullock donated $US1million ($A1.3 million) to the relief efforts, People magazine reported. "I think we've participated in a lot of challenges on the Internet, some meaningful some meaningless", Hart said in an Instagram video.
Former "Bachelor" star Sean Lowe borrowed a boat and went down to Houston to lend a helping hand. Kim Kardashian tweeted Tuesday morning that she, her mother and her sisters would be giving $500,000 in total to the Red Cross and Salvation Army.
Harvey is the strongest hurricane to hit Texas in decades, killing at least two, flooding thousands of homes and causing damage reminiscent to that of Katrina 12 years ago, with FEMA administrator Brock Long telling CNN the agency is "gearing up for the next couple years".More news: 'I Don't Want to Be Disappointed by Congress' on Tax Reform
Comedian #Kevin Hart took the initiative to raise funds for the flood victims and started the #Hurricane Harvey Relief Challenge to collect funds.
She said she was praying "for the rescuers who have been so fearless and determined" and would work with her organisation BeyGOOD and her pastor to "implement a plan to help as many as we can". I want to send a message to the people of Houston.
"This is a serious matter", Hart said. And money is going to be needed, but I'm saying right now, people stuck in an attic, they don't need money right now.More news: Gas prices to continue climb
The country singer donated $100,000 to the Red Cross via GoFundMe and asked fans to pitch in with additional funding for relief organizations.
- Terry Pratchett's unpublished works destroyed by steamroller, as per his wishes
- Boats carrying fleeing Rohingya sink in Bangladesh; 26 dead
- Legendaries Raikou, Entei and Suicune coming to Pokemon GO
- Sharapova, a Momentary Underdog, Is Hunting Wins Again
- The NFL's Ezekiel Elliott domestic violence investigation is an absolute mess
- Protesters rally outside Trump buildings to save Dreamer program
- Voters Split on Trump's Plan to Increase Troops in Afghanistan
- Davide Zappacosta joins Chelsea in £23M deal
- Real Life Clowns Are Losing Work Because Of "It"
- Paris St-Germain, Monaco Agree Loan Deal For Striker Kylian Mbappe