It was just the fourth time since 1975 that BYU has held the ball for less than 19 minutes.
Back to the game, Derrius Guice rushed for 120 yards and two TD's and the Tigers defense was just too stout for BYU.
The BYU offense managed a measly 97 total yards, jjust six first downs and failed to even cross midfield against #13 LSU in a 27-0 loss to the Tigers at the Superdome in New Orleans.
Both teams finished the first quarter with zeros on the scoreboard, but it was all LSU after that.More news: Drinkwater asks to leave Leicester amid Chelsea bids
Though coach Ed Orgeron would like to see a little more from the offense moving forward, it's clear the Tigers will once again have a powerful defense in 2017.
"You know what, we all make mistakes". After the game, there was some self evaluation from the Tigers. Etling proved right those teammates and coaches who said he has looked more accurate since recovering from offseason back surgery.
For Guice, the 100-yard rushing game was the seventh of his college career and third in a row, dating to his school-record 285 yards against Texas A&M and his 138 yards in the Citrus Bowl win against Louisville. He did not have a touchdown pass, but didn't turn the ball over, either.
"Here's the deal", Orgeron said. "But it goes to show you the hard work he did all summer, and he learned, he studied". He learned. He studied.More news: Farrah Abraham's Daughter Needs To Focus On Modeling, So Now She's Homeschooled
The game was supposed to be played in Houston, but was moved because of flooding caused by Hurricane Harvey.
Tanner Mangum scrambles during the AdvoCare Texas Kickoff against No. 13 LSU. Announced attendance was almost 54,000. He was sacked three times. "I didn't want to announce any suspension - if they are". But there's some things where we can get better.
The Cougars also had a fake punt deep in their own territory snuffed out, resulting in Darrel Williams' 1-yard TD.
The other seven carries for Guice came in the third quarter. His second TD was 1-yard run capping a drive that began after Andraez Williams' interception and which featured Etling's long pass to Chark.More news: Manufacturing sector contracts for third month in a row, index shows
- Texans-Cowboys preseason game canceled due to Hurricane Harvey
- Facebook Debuts Trailer for its Ball Family Reality Show
- The NFL's Ezekiel Elliott domestic violence investigation is an absolute mess
- Mandira Bedi joins Prabhas starrer Saaho..
- Super Eagles victory was down to prayers - Governor Udom
- Vice President Pence speaks in Greenbrier County, W.Va.
- Kevin Hart's challenge fuels big bucks A-list donations for hurricane aid
- Legendaries Raikou, Entei and Suicune coming to Pokemon GO
- Gas prices to continue climb
- County cricket match abandoned as 'crossbow bolt' lands on field