"But everyone here has been really upbeat given the disaster".
The soldiers will join guardsmen from across the country who are being activated in response to Hurricane Harvey. On Thursday afternoon, it reached 39.
In the coming days, the Oklahoma Army and Air National Guard are deploying more than 1,500 guardsmen. A Guard spokesman didn't immediately return a call from The Associated Press.More news: Duke & Duchess of Cambridge expecting their third child
Carrelli stressed there are places in Texas where it is still life and death, even as the number of rescues drop off. People are still suffering, he said. The state of Texas requested the support from Iowa. "The Pennsylvania National Guard stands ready to support our commonwealth and nation whenever and wherever we are needed". Stephen Wright, a Guard public affairs specialist.
The soldiers will deploy on Saturday, September 2 and help others in the area to recover in the aftermath of the devastating storm. "We're proud of those families too". They volunteered to serve the National Guard and that is what they do help.
Friday, approximately 27 personnel from the 38th Infantry Division Mobile Command Group were sent to Texas.More news: Angry movie for angry times: George Clooney defines latest directorial 'Suburbicon'
Governor Tom Wolf was there for the send-off of Guard Members who departed over the weekend via both air and a ground convoy to assist in hurricane recovery efforts in Texas. They have also rescued 44 animals.
On Sunday, 400 service members left the reserve center in Mustang, one day after some of their colleagues were deployed from Norman.More news: Princess Mako attracted to Komuro's 'shining smile'
- Seven girls killed in fire at Kenya high school
- Xbox One screensavers to be deployed with a future update
- US Open: Pablo Carreno Busta beats Denis Shapovalov to reach quarter-finals
- Foster warns over powersharing talks as Brokenshire meets parties at Stormont
- Arrest of Cambodian Opposition Leader
- Manufacturing sector contracts for third month in a row, index shows
- Super Eagles victory was down to prayers - Governor Udom
- LSU dominates BYU, 27-0
- Cilic, Isner Upsets Add to US Open Chaos; Federer, Nadal Up Saturday
- UK's PM Theresa May reassures on Brexit, backs Japan on North Korea