A lot of it will be "up to developer choice", Ybarra says, but Microsoft will "coach" studios to make sure they add the feature responsibly - it's aware that there are potential balance problems.
Of course, for gamers who have experience using both a mouse and a controller, they can probably speak to the differences between the two options.
Speaking at a PAX panel this past weekend, VP of Xbox and Windows gaming Mike Ybarra confirmed that keyboard and mouse controls will "definitely" be coming to Xbox One, but didn't mention what games will first use it on the system.More news: Are Analysts Bullish Workspace Group plc (LON:WKP) After Last Week?
For the next week you can purchase any $299 1TB Xbox One S bundle, or any $249 500GB Xbox One S bundle, and get an additional game for free. A lot of people tweet me and say "you can't do this because of fairness", and we understand that.
They'll have to think fast, as it sounds like keyboard and mouse support is coming to Xbox One very soon.
To some extent Microsoft has already been experimenting with support between Gears of War 4 (where there have been mixed-input online playlists) and Minecraft's Better Together update (which has some mouse and keyboard functionality). In this respect, players will be able to choose whether to play against "keyboard and mouse people" or "controller people" so that any imbalances are kept to the minimum. The special edition has been sold out but the next shipment of the standard edition is going to come soon so stay tuned for that.More news: The NFL's Ezekiel Elliott domestic violence investigation is an absolute mess
"So, you'll see our first games supporting keyboard and mouse soon, I can't announce what that is, but soon".
According to Greenberg, Microsoft expected the initial allocation of Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition to last for a certain amount of time, but it did not last that long. From then, it will be based on developer interest whether they want to implement support in their own games.More news: Sloane Stephens steps into US Open quarterfinals
- Angry movie for angry times: George Clooney defines latest directorial 'Suburbicon'
- Zambia cut Super Eagles' lead in Group B with win over Algeria
- Arrest of Cambodian Opposition Leader
- Moscow to inform Washington of its reaction to consulate closure - Lavrov
- US, Allies in Show of Force against N. Korea
- Manufacturing sector contracts for third month in a row, index shows
- UK's PM Theresa May reassures on Brexit, backs Japan on North Korea
- Foster warns over powersharing talks as Brokenshire meets parties at Stormont
- Cilic, Isner Upsets Add to US Open Chaos; Federer, Nadal Up Saturday
- Marvell Technology Group Ltd. (MRVL) Given Buy Rating at Oppenheimer Holdings, Inc