Los Angeles Rams defensive Aaron Donald ended his lengthy holdout on Saturday, and the team is not going to penalize him for skipping all of its offseason program and training camp. Donald showed up at the Rams' facilities and passed his physical, the team announced.
Donald has not received a new contract, but the two sides will keep working toward one, the Rams said. Donald refused to be with the team this preseason in protest of his contract.More news: Man Utd ace Lukaku 'very grateful for second Mourinho opportunity'
According to National Football League insider Adam Schefter, Donald reported to the Rams Saturday and took his physical.
The 26-year-old is not expected to play in Sunday's season-opening game against the Indianapolis Colts. "But in the meantime we've got to get ready to play a football game and we know the Colts are getting ready as well". In the process, he has incurred $1.4 million in fines, but Pro Football Talk reports that the Rams have chose to waive all fines and that Donald will not lose signing bonus money. Donald would have lost $106,014 every game he sat out, but it appears he has avoided that outcome.More news: Gap to close 200 stores, open others
The Rams seem to be trying to stay on good terms with Donald. He was the AP's defensive rookie of the year as a first-round pick in St. Louis in 2014, and the 6-foot dynamo has only improved.
It is doubtful if he will even play in the next couple of weeks. Donald was looking to leverage his holdout into a new contract that would make him one of the highest paid players in the NFL.More news: Hillary Stands By Her 'Deplorables' Remark
- Donald Trump Jr. to Meet in Private With Senate Judiciary Committee
- Merkel Rules Out EU Membership for Turkey
- Explosive used by IS found in France apartment
- France's Macron Lays Out Plan For Reshaping Europe During Athens Visit
- Protests in South Korea as nations wrestle with North missile threat
- Newly appointed Railways Minister Piyush Goyal takes charge
- Hurricane Watches in Effect for Big Bend and South Georgia
- Destiny 2: Raid, Xur and More Events Dated In New Roadmap
- Iran, Syria tie in World Cup qualifier
- Man City vs. Liverpool all about absentees Sterling and Coutinho