Gov. Andrew Cuomo notes that NY has had a lot of "firsthand experience" with "extreme weather".
These two missions bring the total number of Connecticut Guardsmen supporting hurricane relief efforts to 31.More news: France's Macron Lays Out Plan For Reshaping Europe During Athens Visit
"Search and rescue forces, strategic and vertical lift, planning, communication and medical capabilities are on "Prepare to Deploy Orders" to facilitate a timely post-landfall response" in Florida once the storm passes, the Pentagon said.
Gov. Chris Christie, R-N.J., has issued an order that temporarily waives the global fuel tax agreement and worldwide registration plan for any commercial vehicles traveling through the state. The wing is based at Stewart Air National Guard Base outside Newburgh.
There are now 1,100 airmen in the wing.
This is the second time in two weeks the 106th has been deployed to aid storm victims.More news: Hurricane Watches in Effect for Big Bend and South Georgia
The 38th was called to assist in managing the flow of personnel and resources into and out of Hurricane Harvey impacted areas, sending over 80 personnel to Texas.
Reports from U.S. government agencies indicate Irma continues to strengthen and maximum sustained winds have increased to near 175 Miles Per Hour (MPH) with higher gusts, making it a category 5 hurricane.
NYTF-2 is administered and operated by the Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services Office of Fire Prevention and Control. This team was requested to provide crucial public affairs support to the Defense Support of Civil Authority mission and conduct media operations.
The U.S. Coast Guard has now closed most major cruise ports in Florida ready for the oncoming Hurricane Irma which has already caused major destruction across the Caribbean. On numerous occasions the team utilized NYS DEC's Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, commonly known as drones, to assess situations where flooding made investigations hazardous to the responders.More news: Destiny 2: Raid, Xur and More Events Dated In New Roadmap
The compact helps to make sure licensing and permits are accepted across state lines in disasters as well as making sure insurance, liability and reimbursement issues are streamlined and not bogged down by interstate incompatibility.
- Man Utd ace Lukaku 'very grateful for second Mourinho opportunity'
- BJP to go alone in Odisha in 2019: Amit Shah
- Haley lays out case for U.S. to leave Iran deal
- Man City vs. Liverpool all about absentees Sterling and Coutinho
- Suspected Columbus, Ohio, high school shooter arrested
- Mexico Earthquake: Magnitude 8 Earthquake Hits Southern Mexico, Tsunami Warning Issued
- Donald Trump Jr. to Meet in Private With Senate Judiciary Committee
- Protests in South Korea as nations wrestle with North missile threat
- Explosive used by IS found in France apartment
- Aaron Donald ends holdout, still out Week 1 for Rams