He makes the defense go and is the clear leader of the unit. That said, between Eli Manning and their receivers, they should be able to move the ball fairly well - even if Odell Beckham doesn't play. Cowboys coach Jason Garrett, former quarterback for both teams, facing Giants for fifth time in seven openers.
Although the New York's defense will likely give Prescott and the Cowboys' offense some trouble in Week 1, potentially not having Beckham on the field changes the dynamic of this game.
Game Preview: It has been a less than ideal off-season for the Cowboys. LB Sean Lee had career-high 174 tackles in first All-Pro season a year ago. He was only capable of doing light warm up drills.More news: Man City vs. Liverpool all about absentees Sterling and Coutinho
The Giants held the Cowboys to an average of only 13 points per game previous year, including picking up a 20-19 season opening win. He had twice the amount of yardage as the next best receiver on his team previous year. The Giants have a recovery day Friday and will run a short practice at 85 percent on Saturday. "I'm itching. I'm itching, but (it's about) just patience and trusting".
Expect a very close game.
For history buffs, this is the 111th meeting all time between these two historic franchishes. In fact, five of the last seven games have been decided by a field goal or less.More news: US House passes bill for self-driving vehicle road testing
But as the all-important divisional matchup nears, it's looking more and more like Beckham will sit this one out.
For some reason, I can see some fireworks early in the game. I know on this side - I don't know what's going on over there - but I know the Giants are coming with it. The New York Giants are also predicted to finish with a 10-6 record, but the National Football League experts feel that the Giants will win the tiebreaker. Again, a lot of that depends on the availability of OBJ.
But most importantly, Elliott's presence took the heat off of fellow 2016 draft classmate Prescott. NY corner Janoris Jenkins played mostly press coverage with the safeties preventing him from getting beat, which meant many of Dez's routes were converted to go-routes.More news: Suspected Columbus, Ohio, high school shooter arrested
- Northern Ireland 'to have different Brexit deal'
- France's Macron Lays Out Plan For Reshaping Europe During Athens Visit
- BJP to go alone in Odisha in 2019: Amit Shah
- Man Utd ace Lukaku 'very grateful for second Mourinho opportunity'
- Protests in South Korea as nations wrestle with North missile threat
- Ohio State RB Mike Weber Shows off Custom LeBron James Cleats
- CNN report says Joe Paterno knew of prior Sandusky abuse claims
- Iran, Syria tie in World Cup qualifier
- Hillary Stands By Her 'Deplorables' Remark
- Donald Trump Jr. to Meet in Private With Senate Judiciary Committee