The Red Devils haven't been shy in splashing the cash on a number of players in recent years, and we may well have a huge uphill struggle to land Lemar now after leaving it too late in the window to match Monaco's asking price.
Despite those offers, Monaco chose not to sell the attacker, with Vasilyev saying the biggest difference was the financial state of the club in 2015, when they were in danger of failing to meet FFP.More news: Gap to close 200 stores, open others
Lemar looked set to secure a move to the Emirates Stadium on transfer deadline day only for a deal not to materialise as Alexis Sanchez's proposed switch to Manchester City collapsed.
Monaco are believed to be a title challenger in France's Ligue 1. "You've got to accept the risk, and it's by taking risks that we have got here".
The Gunners were the early front-runners but struggled to agree terms with Monaco before L'Equipe reported that Liverpool had joined the chase after submitting a club-record £74m offer for Lemar's signature.More news: Eli Gold previews Alabama's home opener with Fresno State
"So what? We are not looking for records", Vasilyev said when asked about why Lemar and Fabinho were denied summer moves, as quoted by the Express.
Arsenal also have maintained an interest in signing Manchester City's winger Raheem Sterling.
"Sales, they are the outcome of having a great season, the league title, a great manager and an excellent recruitment cell and scouting network", Vasilyev continued.More news: Moon: Temporary THAAD Deployment Best Possible Measure
"My dream has always been to develop the model, in both an economic and sporting sense, as far as possible".
- CNN report says Joe Paterno knew of prior Sandusky abuse claims
- Xiaomi takes on Apple's MacBook Pro with the new Mi Notebook Pro
- Destiny 2: Raid, Xur and More Events Dated In New Roadmap
- France's Macron Lays Out Plan For Reshaping Europe During Athens Visit
- Man City vs. Liverpool all about absentees Sterling and Coutinho
- Protests in South Korea as nations wrestle with North missile threat
- Mexico Earthquake: Magnitude 8 Earthquake Hits Southern Mexico, Tsunami Warning Issued
- Aaron Donald ends holdout, still out Week 1 for Rams
- Lubbock Family Evacuates Hurricane Irma from the Caribbean
- Jordan attends first OIC summit on science, technology