Police want everyone to avoid the area of the hospital.
A silver SUV at the entrance of the hospital's campus was surrounded by police after the hospital was locked down following the reports of an active shooter.
Police say that they have arrested an active shooter that forced New Hampshire's biggest hospital to go into lockdown. It's not clear what the individual was doing at the hospital.More news: Shahid Afridi feels Indian players would have further strengthened the World XI
Suspect is in custody, Lebanon police confirm. There is no confirmation that shots have been fired, though employees have been told to either evacuate or shelter in place.
According to Lebanon police, they are investigating reports of an active shooter at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.
Officials described the incident as an "unfolding situation" and a code silver alert was issued, prompting an evacuation. Special agents from ATF's Boston office and representatives of the New Hampshire attorney general's office, including state police, also responded to the scene.More news: Moon: Temporary THAAD Deployment Best Possible Measure
Stay with 22News and WWLP.com for the latest information, as it becomes available.
A spokesman for the hospital, Mike Barwell, would say only that they have reported "an incident" to the police and officers are responding.
Dartmouth College, located about two miles away from the hospital, tweeted that its campus was not on lockdown.More news: Odell Beckham Jr. likely out for Giants' season opener in Dallas
- UFC 215: Results and best moments
- 'Really struggled' - Carragher slams Liverpool midfielder after Man City defeat
- Monaco's Thomas Lemar to join Manchester United in January
- Lions Rookie WR Kenny Golladay is KILLING IT
- Crude Oil Dips In Asia Ahead Of OPEC, API Inventory Reports
- Lubbock Family Evacuates Hurricane Irma from the Caribbean
- Indiana National Guard deploying to Florida ahead of Hurricane Irma
- France's Macron Lays Out Plan For Reshaping Europe During Athens Visit
- Xiaomi takes on Apple's MacBook Pro with the new Mi Notebook Pro
- NASA Shares How Hurricanes Irma, Jose & Katia Looked From Space