According to The Hollywood Reporter, Jenkins has signed a high seven-figure deal to both write a direct the movie.
After months and months of deliberating- and hoping that the studios would come to their senses- we finally have the answer we've been all waiting to hear: Patty Jenkins WILL direct the Wonder Woman sequel! Personally, I trust in Patty's vision for the character and I think she will do unbelievable with the sequel.
Before she was Wonder Woman, she was Diana, princess of the Amazons, trained to be an unconquerable warrior. And that's not all: It is reported that Jenkins will have a substantial share of box office grosses of the sequel as well.
Joining her is actress Gal Gadot to reprise her role as the titular character.More news: Cardinals RB David Johnson to undergo wrist surgery
Gal Gadot, the star of the first film, is already signed on for Wonder Woman 2, whose release has been scheduled for December 13, 2019.
Reports confirm that Jenkins will be back for Wonder Woman 2.
"Wonder Woman", the fourth film in Warner Bros' current iteration of DC Comics' cinematic franchise, helped boost profits for Warner Bros' parent company Time Warner Inc.More news: Shahid Afridi feels Indian players would have further strengthened the World XI
Johns said the overall goal was to "make another great "Wonder Woman" film, and we have no doubt that the team will do a great job!"
Among the four DCEU movies, which include "Suicide Squad" and "Man of Steel", the movie had the lowest budget-though the highest for a female director-at $150 million.
Meanwhile, Jenkins is also busy developing her new TNT TV series with Chris Pine which is supposed to be an autobiography of Faunal Hodel.
This is monumental, as it proves that females can direct superhero epics and they deserve to earn as much as their male counterparts.More news: Justice Department Asks Supreme Court to Uphold Refugee Ban
- Crude Oil Dips In Asia Ahead Of OPEC, API Inventory Reports
- Rush Limbaugh forced to flee "liberal hoax" Hurricane Irma
- China Becomes Latest Country To Consider The Ban Of Gas, Diesel Vehicles
- Monaco's Thomas Lemar to join Manchester United in January
- NASA Shares How Hurricanes Irma, Jose & Katia Looked From Space
- Apple TV 4K launched
- Indiana National Guard deploying to Florida ahead of Hurricane Irma
- Odell Beckham Jr. likely out for Giants' season opener in Dallas
- Xiaomi takes on Apple's MacBook Pro with the new Mi Notebook Pro
- Cairn Homes PLC (CRN) Given Outperform Rating at Credit Suisse Group