The list released Tuesday keeps U. of C. tied with Yale University for the No. 3 spot behind Princeton University at No. 1 and Harvard University at No. 2, but shuffles around Illinois' other top schools in the rankings.
The 2018 U.S. News & World Report rankings were posted online today (Sept. 12). The ranking is based on surveys of top academics such as presidents, provosts and admissions deans who rank schools that are making the most innovative improvements in terms of curriculum, faculty, students, campus life, technology and facilities.
Baylor's undergraduate engineering program, which now offers a Ph.D. program, was ranked No. 110.More news: Cairn Homes PLC (CRN) Given Outperform Rating at Credit Suisse Group
Furman was ranked No. 53 overall among the 233 colleges in the category of "Best National Liberal Arts Colleges" and remains the top-ranked liberal arts and sciences college in SC. Past year the university ranked 10th among publics.
When considering only public universities, the UO ranked 43, and OSU ranked 73.
The school, which opened its doors in 2005, also has been touted by its leaders as being among the best colleges in the nation for graduation rates and for first-generation and underrepresented students.More news: Lubbock Family Evacuates Hurricane Irma from the Caribbean
UM was followed by Michigan State University at No. 81, Michigan Technological University at No. 124, Central Michigan University and Western Michigan University tied at No. 207, and Wayne State University at No. 223. We are proud that despite the state budget crisis, our graduation rate, freshman retention rate, admitted student quality and reputation among peers and high school counselors all held steady or improved. The University's undergraduate engineering program was ranked No. 44 among all schools that do not have a graduate engineering program.
San Diego State University continued its climb up the rankings, reaching 140 overall, as the 68th best public school. These institutions grant few graduate degrees.
Below are select listings showing how Alabama schools fared in the 2018 rankings.More news: Eli Gold previews Alabama's home opener with Fresno State
"We are pleased to continue to increase in rankings as announced by U.S. News & World Report and other recent publications". These schools tend to draw students most heavily from surrounding states, according to U.S. News.
- China Becomes Latest Country To Consider The Ban Of Gas, Diesel Vehicles
- Xiaomi takes on Apple's MacBook Pro with the new Mi Notebook Pro
- Aaron Donald ends holdout, still out Week 1 for Rams
- Shame Peace Nobel Winner Aung San Suu Kyi To Treat Rohingyas Humanely
- Breaking down TCU vs. Arkansas
- Lions Rookie WR Kenny Golladay is KILLING IT
- NASA Shares How Hurricanes Irma, Jose & Katia Looked From Space
- Odell Beckham Jr. likely out for Giants' season opener in Dallas
- Hospital In Lockdown After Reported Shooting
- Mexico Earthquake: Magnitude 8 Earthquake Hits Southern Mexico, Tsunami Warning Issued