With three-straight losses to open up their campaign, West Ham United find themselves at the bottom of the table and already in a position of desperation.
In the second half, Huddersfield conceded their first goal of the season when Pedro Obiang's shot took a huge deflection off Mathias Jorgensen to loop into the top corner, minutes after Bilic's unpopular decision to withdraw Javier Hernandez. We started with three away games and three defeats and this was a must win game. We stopped them from creating anything.
It was also newly-promoted side Huddersfield's first defeat of the season.
"We had not deserved to win any games so we were where we deserved to be".More news: After deadly natural disaster , Mexico says it can't help Texas recovery
In the back and forth exchanges so far, Sporting have threatened to report West Ham to Federation Internationale de Football Association over an alleged illegal approach for Carvalho, while West Ham have equally threatened to take legal action against Sporting director Nuno Saraiva.
"I have the reputation of being tough on the negotiations and it's true".
"The goals were unlucky for us but I'm angry about our performance". 'We have to be braver and more comfortable on the ball; we made too many unforced errors. "We won recently a few big ones, like Swansea, Spurs and tonight, that is why I am positive".
"To be fair, I came into the zone where I don't care about that - not in a negative way, I care about the team - but I saw them really focused".More news: China Becomes Latest Country To Consider The Ban Of Gas, Diesel Vehicles
Huddersfield, meanwhile, were on the back foot for most of the opening 30 minutes as they were wasteful when in possession of the ball.
West Ham must have gone ahead little greater than a min in when Andy Carroll went across low throughout the face of objective yet Cheikhou Kouyate was fractionally late as he aimed to slide in. Slaven's got his just rewards, as lucky as it was.More news: Sergio Dipp becomes national hero after groundbreaking 'MNF' sideline report
- NASA Shares How Hurricanes Irma, Jose & Katia Looked From Space
- Patty Jenkins closes $7+ million deal to direct Wonder Woman 2
- Shahid Afridi feels Indian players would have further strengthened the World XI
- Crude Oil Dips In Asia Ahead Of OPEC, API Inventory Reports
- Eli Gold previews Alabama's home opener with Fresno State
- Hand in Hand telethon raises $14M for Harvey, Irma victims
- Monaco's Thomas Lemar to join Manchester United in January
- Hospital In Lockdown After Reported Shooting
- Paris And Los Angeles Announced As Hosts Of 2024 & 2028 Olympic Games
- Cairn Homes PLC (CRN) Given Outperform Rating at Credit Suisse Group