Petr Cech, Aaron Ramsey, Laurent Koscielny, Mesut Ozil, Granit Xhaka, Dann Welbeck and Alexandre Lacazette all sat out training on Wednesday, and look set to be left out of the squad for the Europa League opener. Youngsters Reiss Nelson and Joe Willock are in line for their senior debuts.
Despite a history of injury problems, mostly concerning his fragile ankle, Wenger believes there are positives Wilshere can take from so many lay-offs if he has the right mentality to do so. "On the injury front we have no big problems, a few players have some response to the fact they played two worldwide games like Ozil and Ramsey, who are rested completely". They are rested completely. "Coquelin is out for three weeks".
He hasn't been a regular in Wenger's side for more than three years because of a series of injuries and last season's loan spell, but the Arsenal boss is confident he could have the old Wilshere back.More news: Sergio Dipp becomes national hero after groundbreaking 'MNF' sideline report
A good guess is that Wenger mimics his tactics from previous early FA Cup rounds, when he usually plays a number of his first-team backups along with one or two academy prospects.
"We need to keep the focus high and always improve ourselves", he told reporters. "We got 75 points past year and overall, I am humble enough to be happy to win every competition".
Asked if he can get back to his best, Wenger replied: "Yes, if he is injury-free he will come back".
"Every game is an opportunity for him, and this season is a good opportunity for him".More news: UFC 215: Results and best moments
Arsenal face a tough test in the Premier League on Sunday when they travel to champions Chelsea.
Arsene Wenger insists he will not use the Europa League as an excuse for a poor performance when Arsenal play rivals Chelsea on Sunday.
"We will take it seriously but the priority is to focus on the Premier League and combining the two", said Wenger.More news: Hurricane Jose continues to meander in the Atlantic
- UCLA ties UC Berkeley in new US News & World rankings
- Jordan attends first OIC summit on science, technology
- Cairn Homes PLC (CRN) Given Outperform Rating at Credit Suisse Group
- China Becomes Latest Country To Consider The Ban Of Gas, Diesel Vehicles
- Shame Peace Nobel Winner Aung San Suu Kyi To Treat Rohingyas Humanely
- Apple Has Removed The Built-In App Store In iTunes 12.7
- Abe arrives on two-day Gujarat visit today
- Patty Jenkins closes $7+ million deal to direct Wonder Woman 2
- 'Really struggled' - Carragher slams Liverpool midfielder after Man City defeat
- John McCain Says His Brain Cancer Prognosis "Is Pretty Good"