Trump on Wednesday said this year's deadly hurricanes add urgency to his tax-cut plan. Trump said to the man as he handed over bananas.
It was seen as a clear bid to avoid the criticism that Republican President George W. Bush received for his administration's slow and inefficient response to 2005's Hurricane Katrina.
Mr Trump also complimented Florida Governor Rick Scott's response to the crisis, and said he should run for the U.S. senate.
Six residents of a Florida nursing home without power since Hurricane Irma died on Wednesday and the state governor vowed a full investigation into what he called an "unfathomable" event.More news: Apple Has Removed The Built-In App Store In iTunes 12.7
President Donald Trump, Vice President Mike Pence and their respective spouses are expected to travel to Florida on Thursday after Hurricane Irma swept through the state this weekend, resulting in deaths of at least 12 people in the United States. "Will fly to #Florida on Thursday w @potus to survey the damages from #HurricaneIrma", First Lady Melania tweeted.
Trump's trip to Florida was his third in less than three weeks to the storm-ravaged South.
This time, Trump made sure to connect with a community in recovery.
His visit came as British Prime Minister Theresa May announced an extra £25 million ($33.2 million, 27.2 million euros) in aid for Caribbean territories devastated by Hurricane Irma.More news: Cardinals RB David Johnson to undergo wrist surgery
As Harvey bore down on Texas in late August, Trump and his aides quickly said he would visit the disaster zone within days of the storm's landfall.
"Historically there's never been anything like this, but the U.S. Coast Guard, FEMA, working with Gov. Scott, they've really done an unbelievable job, power is turning on rapidly", said Mr. Trump.
Around 115 residents of the retirement home in Hollywood, north of Miami, were immediately evacuated after a nearby hospital began receiving patients suffering from heat-related problems.
Southwest Florida has suffered power outages, gas shortages and flooding after the Category 3 storm struck the region Sunday.More news: Odell Beckham Jr. returns to practice
- Rebel Wilson Wins $3.6 Million Defamation Payout
- Trump's Treasury secretary requested government jet for honeymoon
- Sergio Dipp becomes national hero after groundbreaking 'MNF' sideline report
- Apple unveils cellular watch as new iPhone awaited
- Hospital In Lockdown After Reported Shooting
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited
- DHS Bans Use of Kaspersky Lab Software in US Government
- Status yellow wind warning for Wicklow
- Russian Federation begins large scale Zapad 2017 military exercise in Belarus
- Irma and Indiana: When You'll Get Rain and Wind