This was a detonation of an improvised explosive device. "I will be attending the emergency COBRA meeting in Whitehall this afternoon with the Prime Minister", Mirror quoted London Mayor Sadiq Khan as saying.
One witness, who suffered burns on his scalp, spoke of others who were badly burnt, while others spoke of the panic that ensued after the incident as, after the doors were quickly opened, people attempted to exit the station through its single narrow stairwell. Initial examination by explosives experts led them to conclude it was "viable", meaning the device was meant to explode in a more forceful way. Commuters who were reportedly near the explosion saw fire emanate from the bucket and fill the train.
London Fire Brigade were also on the scene, tweeting: 'We have a number of resources and specialists officers in attendance at the incident at #ParsonsGreen tube station'.More news: Knife-wielding man 'attacks French soldier in Paris'
- Transport for London said there was no service on the western part of the District Line which runs through Parsons Green.
Humanity has yet again come under attackAnd people are having none of itBut London will never be defeatedPrayers and thoughts are with everyone affected What do these people gain?
The Metropolitan Police said none of the injured sustained life-threatening or serious injuries. No arrests have so far been made and the attacker remains at large. Police advised people to avoid the area.More news: White House: Trump 'looks forward' to signing resolution condemning white supremacists
The threat level was last raised to "critical" following the Manchester Arena bombing in May, when 23 people, including the attacker, were killed as they exited a concert by United States popstar Ariana Grande.
US President Donald Trump said the attack was carried out by a "loser terrorist".More news: Andre Ayew fires West Ham to first win of the season
- Abe arrives on two-day Gujarat visit today
- Malaysia: School Fire Leaves At Least 25 Dead
- Paris And Los Angeles Announced As Hosts Of 2024 & 2028 Olympic Games
- Most Active Runner As Share Volume Pops for Oracle Corporation (NYSE:ORCL)
- Apple unveils cellular watch as new iPhone awaited
- DHS Bans Use of Kaspersky Lab Software in US Government
- 'Last Chance U' star charged in connection with Tennessee homicide
- World XI bowl in decider; Hasan Ali returns for Pakistan
- Russian Federation begins large scale Zapad 2017 military exercise in Belarus
- Kobach and his 5313 fraudulent voters