Boss Mauricio Pochettino chose to include the summer signing from Paris Saint-Germain from the off and he rewarded the faith placed in him with a solid display.
"But even if they had stayed at White Hart Lane, it would have been a huge ask for them to repeat their results there last season when they won 17 and drew two of their 19 home league games".
The Spanish global has been at Tottenham Hotspur for two weeks since a last-minute call from Mauricio Pochettino persuaded him to join the north Londoners rather than Chelsea, but has already been struck by the overall quality - and ruthless finishing - of Kane's game.
Dele Alli is available having missed Tottenham's midweek victory over Borussia Dortmund due to suspension. Many will have doubts about his pricetag and ability to replace Llorente, but it's important to consider that Llorente was arriving on the back of two very poor seasons with Juventus and Sevilla respectively.More news: Harry Dean Stanton of Alien and Twin Peaks Fame Dies
His impressive form, affordable price (5.7m) and Spurs' home tie with Swansea prompted many to bring him into their side.
Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino has insisted that he is "not worried" about his side's ongoing struggles in the Premier League at Wembley. "We have a lot of good examples: Cristiano Ronaldo, [Lionel] Messi, or players like Harry Kane, who is 23". For me, that goal was an unbelievable goal because it meant for us, for everyone, the possibility to stay here today.
"Players must show hunger and never lose their hunger", Pochettino said.More news: U.S. urges Kurds to call off independence vote
With two for England against Malta on Sept 1, Kane has notched six goals in his last four games after failing to score in August.
"Little by little I'm feeling better in myself and looking to find my rhythm". However, Spurs made a last-minute snatch for Llorente, and secured his signature just hours before the deadline.
Spurs weren't exactly setting the league on fire in the first half of the 2014-15 season.More news: Access To Military Sites Debated As White House Reconsiders Iran Nuclear Deal
- Kobach and his 5313 fraudulent voters
- 5 steps you should take to protect yourself
- Russian Federation begins large scale Zapad 2017 military exercise in Belarus
- Slender Man Trial: Jury finds Anissa Weier mentally ill, won't face prison
- Iraq referendum : Parliament votes to reject poll on Kurdish independence
- Malaysia: School Fire Leaves At Least 25 Dead
- White House: Trump 'looks forward' to signing resolution condemning white supremacists
- Jennifer Lawrence Is Planning A Two-Year Break From Acting!
- Knife-wielding man 'attacks French soldier in Paris'
- Sampha beats Ed Sheeran to take home Mercury Prize