French authorities are not investigating the acid attack on four American women in the southern city of Marseille as an act of terrorism for the time being.
Two of the women sustained injuries to their faces and one of them has a possible eye injury, the prosecutor's office said.
Two of the US women suffered facial injuries in the attack, police said.
The attacker, a 41- year old woman, has been taken into custody.More news: Apple unveils cellular watch as new iPhone awaited
More on this as it develops.
Police state that there is no evidence that the attack was terror-related.
The university said that all have them were treated at a hospital and have since been released.
According to the AP, the suspect did not make any extremist statements.More news: No easy fix for struggling Palace, says Hodgson
Fourteen firefighters arrived to the station four emergency vehicles after the incident at 11am.
In April, French police say they thwarted an imminent "terror attack" and arrested two suspected radicals in Marseille just days before the first round of France's presidential election.More news: White House: Trump 'looks forward' to signing resolution condemning white supremacists
- Harry Dean Stanton of Alien and Twin Peaks Fame Dies
- Rising River Could Close I-75 in Florida, Complicate Evacuees' Return Home
- Iraq referendum : Parliament votes to reject poll on Kurdish independence
- Twelve Nobel laureates pen letter urging United Nations to act on Rohingya crisis
- Formula One: Singapore extends contract to host night race until 2021
- Most Active Runner As Share Volume Pops for Oracle Corporation (NYSE:ORCL)
- Greg Olsen Ruled out vs. Bills with Foot Injury
- North Korea threatens US, Japan over United Nations sanctions
- Sampha beats Ed Sheeran to take home Mercury Prize
- 5 steps you should take to protect yourself