A false security alarm delayed on Sunday a British Airways plane at Paris' worldwide airport.
Passengers were removed from the plane at Charles de Gaulle airport in the French capital early on Sunday morning.
The spokesman said the plane was evacuated, each passenger and each bag was checked and the plane was thoroughly examined but no threats were found. Authorities determined it was a false alarm. "We will continue on to London Heathrow", he tweeted.
Terminal 2 at Charles de Gaulle International Airport in Roissy.More news: North Korea threatens US, Japan over United Nations sanctions
The Airbus 320 took off at 11:10 a.m., a British Airways spokeswoman confirmed.
Reportedly, everybody was individually searched by armed officers and luggage were searched by sniffer dogs.
After about an hour, he said passengers were told the aircraft had to move to another part of the airport and that's when security officers surrounded the plane. That's when we noticed police and fire vehicles quickly surround the plane and dozens of armed officers and firefighters got out.
'The pilot then said there had been a direct security threat involving our flight specifically'.More news: Anthony Weiner's Lawyers Question Motivation of Sexting Victim
"They needed to make sure everybody and everything has been searched".
A British Airways flight has been evacuated in Paris over security fears.
The airline stressed that the additional security checks had been carried out merely as a precaution and added they would never allow a flight to take off unless it was safe to do so.
An 18-year-old man was arrested in Dover on Saturday in connection with the attack. Prime Minister Theresa May later announced that the threat level has been raised to its highest, 'critical'.More news: Teacher on Leave Over Reaction to Student's Pledge Protest
- World XI bowl in decider; Hasan Ali returns for Pakistan
- Greg Olsen Ruled out vs. Bills with Foot Injury
- American tourists attacked with acid in Marseille's train station, prosecutor says
- White bucket being probed as source of Underground explosion
- Jennifer Lawrence Is Planning A Two-Year Break From Acting!
- Harry Dean Stanton of Alien and Twin Peaks Fame Dies
- Formula One: Singapore extends contract to host night race until 2021
- Most Active Runner As Share Volume Pops for Oracle Corporation (NYSE:ORCL)
- Slender Man Trial: Jury finds Anissa Weier mentally ill, won't face prison
- Ready to hand over Gaza to Palestinian President: Hamas