The fact that power was restored quicker during Irma than Wilma does not deserve praise; we have set the bar far too low for FPL's performance.
Pestano and her English bulldog Finny were among the 70,000 customers Friday sweltering as crews from Florida Power & Light and linemen from out-of-state continue to work 16-hour shifts.
The Lee County Electric Cooperative plan, matching most utility restoration plans, requires that main power lines and critical infrastructure be restored first, officials said today.
About 1 percent of customers are still without power in Sarasota, Manatee and Charlotte counties as of Tuesday afternoon.More news: 'You're a Liar:' 'Dreamers' Confront Pelosi Over DACA Negotiations With Trump
The suit claims FPL charged $2 to $10 per month that was earmarked to pay for clearing trees near power lines and placing power lines underground.
He said text messages from Campbell's phone show that she contacted FPL on behalf of other people as well.
FPL's stated goal is to return power to 90 percent of its customers by late Sunday.
FPL spokesman Dave McDermitt said the remaining local power outages are not confined to specific neighborhoods. Additionally, most customers in Immokalee and Lehigh Acres - the most impacted areas by the hurricane - can expect restoration by September 22.More news: Narendra Modi dedicates Sardar Sarovar Dam to nation
Exceptions could occur in areas throughout Florida that are impacted by unusual circumstances such as tornadoes, severe flooding, heavy tree and debris damage.
In Southwest Florida, where the utility's system took the most direct hit, restoration in Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte, DeSoto and Hendry counties is almost 85% complete but is still projected to be essentially done on Wednesday. Up to 80 percent of the flood damage to residential properties is not covered by any flood insurance, CoreLogic said.
With Irma, the poles seemed to hold up well against the wind, he said.
Restoration work is always done simultaneously, and we work until every customer's power is back on.More news: U2, Ed Sheeran Cancel St. Louis Shows Amid Violent Protests
Dorta's colleague, John H. Ruiz, noted that FPL's allegedly lax storm-preparation methods "impact [ed] more than 4 million" FPL customers, thus meriting a class-action suit. These sites provide charging stations, water, Wi-Fi, ice, community service and restoration information, and customer service assistance.Visit: FPL.com/powertracker to see locations and times.
- American tourists attacked with acid in Marseille's train station, prosecutor says
- Antonio Conte told Chelsea don't need Eden Hazard against Arsenal
- Ryanair publishes full six-week flight cancellation list
- No easy fix for struggling Palace, says Hodgson
- Boris Johnson 'misused' figures with £350m Brexit claim, United Kingdom statistics chief says
- Formula One: Singapore extends contract to host night race until 2021
- Fractured Fibula For Deebo Samuel, Out For Extended Time
- What we learned from the Chicago Bears loss to the Buccaneers
- Ready to hand over Gaza to Palestinian President: Hamas
- Cowboys have highest value in National Football League , according to Forbes