Sharath, whose father Niranjan Kumar is a senior Income Tax official, was kidnapped on September 12 while he was out with his friend Vishal. He had set out to show the bike to his friends in a neighbouring locality.
Ten days after the kidnapping of Sharath N., 19, the Jnana Bharathi police recovered his highly decomposed body from a quarry at Ajjenahalli, Ramanagaram, on Friday morning.
Victim's parents received a Whatsapp video from his phone, where he was asking his parents to arrange the ransom amount and said the kidnappers look like terrorists and may also harm his sister.
Deputy commissioner of police (north sub-division) Chetan Singh Rathore said five people had been identified as the perpetrators, including Sharath's friend HP Vishal, 20.More news: Hurricane Maria smashes into Puerto Rico with winds of 155mph
Based on his confession, the police arrested Vinay Prasad, 24, a cab driver Karan Pai, 22, and Vinod Kumar, 24, both employed in private firms. Shanta Kumar, a driver attached to a taxi-hailing app, is absconding and the police are looking for, Rathore said. These include the victim's friend Vishal. Sharath was pursuing a Diploma course in automobile engineering at Acharya Institute of Engineering in the city.
"The boy's mother called him many times but the calls went unanswered".
Sharath was then bundled into the auto of Prasad, who was drafted into the scheme, police said. The kidnappers killed Sharath after they found out that his father had filed a police complaint.
Vishal said during the confession that when he and his accomplices learnt of the police's involvement, they kept Sharath in a vehicle and moved around the city, the police said.More news: Russian hackers tried to access Washington state's voting systems, officials say
Body found dumped near a lake.
However, on Wednesday, the accused were allegedly caught in a bind as the body began to float at the surface.
"We are awaiting the post-mortem report but it appears that the accused strangled Sharath", Rathore said.More news: Tesla working with AMD to develop AI chips for Autonomous Cars
- Trump Threatens 'Total Destruction' of North Korea in First UN Speech
- USA flies warplanes amid tensions with N Korea
- Rohingya Refugees To Receive $32 Million In Aid From US
- 'Politics of polarisation' a central challenge in India: Rahul Gandhi
- Matthew Vaughn Would Like to Direct a Fantastic Four Movie
- Shooting at Mattoon HS, One in Custody
- Taco Bell Plans New Locations That Will Serve Alcohol
- Alabama GOP Senate Candidate Uses Racial Slurs in Speech
- What Elisabeth Moss's Best-Actress Win Means for Hulu
- Korea threatens United States with 'horrible nuclear strike and miserable and final ruin'