"Indian side retaliated strongly and effectively", said defence spokesperson, adding that the firing stopped around 11:30am.
Security forces foiled an infiltration bid by terrorists early this morning in the Zorawar area of Uri district in Jammu and Kashmir, killing one alleged terrorist and recovering a weapon.
Sources said that a Pakistan Army post on the other side of the LoC provided cover fire to the armed intruders by firing mortars and shells.More news: Saudi Arabia reverses longstanding ban on women driving
For the past over two months, there have been continued incidents of ceasefire violation by Pakistan on both the LoC and the worldwide border.
Two commanding officers of the Indian Army led two separate teams of para commandos (Special Forces).
Deputy Chief Minister of Jammu & Kashmir, Nirmal Singh, Wednesday said Rohingya Muslims had entered India illegally and had to be "shifted" or they could be used by Pakistan as terrorists. Meanwhile, army has not officially released any statement over the incident yet.More news: Russia, US to cooperate in building first-ever lunar space station
On May 1, two Indian soldiers were beheaded by the Pakistan Army's BAT in a different sector of the LoC.
The Army also pushed back a group of Pakistani intruders in Jammu and Kashmir's Keran sector today.
The injured were identified as Shamim Akhter, a 55-year-old woman from Dharati, and Raza Ahmed, a 28-year-old man from Basooni - both villages in Balakote sector in Poonch, according to the reports.More news: Oil prices rally after OPEC meeting
Meanwhile, the Army, the CRPF and J&K police on Tuesday launched a search operation in Hiranagar area of the IB in Kathua district following reports about the infiltration of militants from across.
- Roy Moore is unfit for the Senate - will any Republican say so?
- Prince Harry And Meghan Markle Officially Appear In Public Together
- Vacuum maker Dyson is building an electric auto
- 'The Voice': Second Night of Blind Auditions Delivers Another Four-Chair Turn
- Reagan column: Trump shows willingness to stand up for America at UN
- Nikki Haley denies eyeing US Secretary of State job
- Militants rain rockets on Kabul airport as United States defence secretary arrives
- Quebec Premier demands hard line response to US Bombardier tariffs
- Trump to launch $200M STEM education initiative with Silicon Valley leaders
- Faye Resnick Has Thoughts About Kylie Jenner's Rumored Pregnancy