Brooke Simpson, 26, of Halifax County captured a four-chair turn from Blake Shelton, Adam Levine, Miley Cyrus and new coach Jennifer Hudson during the season 13 premier of "The Voice" on Monday night.
Maharasyi, 27 of Los Angeles, is up next and sings "Tell Me Something Good" by Rufus and Chaka Khan.
Okay, okay, so it's a bit of a forced fit in some spots, but overall, it's convincing enough to earn the attention of Miley, Jennifer, and Blake, and that's the name of the game at this stage. "I know Adam and everyone else will have all these stories of school - I was working".
"Seems like Jennifer and I are the ones that are the new rivals so far this season", says Shelton. "Though she loves her job, Ashland is hoping The Voice can help her prove that it's possible to make it no matter where you're from".More news: YouTube suddenly no longer available in Amazon Echo Show
Red Marlow, a 40-year-old who describes himself as "country as cornbread", made his debut on NBC singing competition show "The Voice" last night.
Country-pop-soul singer Keisha Renee kicked things off with her version of Don Gibson's "I Can't Stop Loving You". Today, he leads worship services by day and, by night, sings (usually live) as the sultry Nedra Belle. Blake turned his chair around first, followed by Adam, Jennifer, and then Miley. This time, Cyrus won out, and she finally scored a great country artist for season 13's Team Miley.
Next up was Ashland Craft, a 21-year-old from SC who caught Shelton's attention from her first line of "You Are My Sunshine" (in the style of Chris Stapleton). She is determined to get the next country singer on her team.
As for Blake Shelton?More news: Prince Harry And Meghan Markle Officially Appear In Public Together
"Every now and again there's a singer that comes out here on this stage and just simply needs an opportunity", said Shelton. So who will be the victor of The Voice season 13?
The Voice airs Mondays and Tuesdays at 8 p.m. EST.
Instead, Miley used the secret millennial eye wink and scored Ashland for her team, which means we're likely going to hear her calling herself the "Queen of Country" all season long.More news: Russia, US to cooperate in building first-ever lunar space station
- Faye Resnick Has Thoughts About Kylie Jenner's Rumored Pregnancy
- Estimated 25 million unsafe abortions occur each year globally
- Nikki Haley denies eyeing US Secretary of State job
- Nerve stimulation restores patient consciousness
- Oil prices rally after OPEC meeting
- Mourinho Orders Pogba To Take A Break
- Militants rain rockets on Kabul airport as United States defence secretary arrives
- Jio phone delievery goes on floor; Track your order by this way
- Trump to launch $200M STEM education initiative with Silicon Valley leaders
- Iran releases video of new ballistic missile being test-fired