Arsenal's sixth win from their last seven matches in all competitions saw them close to within six points of league leaders Manchester City heading into the global break, and meant Wenger marked his landmark match with a new record.
Mohamed Elneny subs on as Arsenal managed to defeat Brighton 2-0 at the Emirates Stadium.
It's a great club with huge tradition, great fans and Arsene Wenger as the manager.More news: Cops seal off booths to scuttle Catalonia vote
Brighton forward Pascal Gross was shown a yellow card for arguing after the goal, as was Shane Duffy for a challenge on Alexis in the 39th minute. It's very early, seven games played and 31 to go.
Solly March hit a post with a ferocious free-kick as Brighton responded brightly before Aaron Ramsey went close. It's very hard to be very expansive here, particularly when you are a team like we are that's just been promoted.
Arsenal wasted no time in trying to net a third, with Sanchez the next player to be denied by a sensational stop from Ryan, who got down to his left to tip the Chilean's low shot behind for a corner.
"I wouldn't say it was comfortable but we made it as easy as we could", Iwobi told BBC Sport.More news: Volkswagen takes new $3bn hit over diesel emission scandal
"When you come here, you know it's going to be a hard afternoon", said Hughton.
Two of the substitutes - Anthony Knockaert and Glenn Murray - combined with the latter powering a header into the side-netting after getting the better ofShkodran Mustafi. In the six games we've had different types of challenges. It's very hard to be very expansive here, particularly when you are a team like we are that's just been promoted.
If - and that's a chunky "if" - they can make Arsenal their first away scalp, Chris Hughton's side will simultaneously climb inside the top 10 and end any silly talk of Arsenal as serious title challengers.
He also hailed free transfer Sead Kolasinac's performance in helping the backline to keep a clean sheet, adding: "He is a satisfaction since he arrived here".More news: Free Coffee! Friday is National Coffee Day, here's where to snag deals
- Air France Passenger Plane Makes Emergency Landing in Canadian Goose Bay
- Thomas-Fowler, Reed-Spieth lift United States at Presidents Cup
- Al-Shabab attacks base in Somalia, kills 15
- England star Ben Stokes mocks Katie Price's disabled son Harvey
- Pakistan was offered to exchange Kulbushan Jadhav with APS attacker: Asif
- Teen dead, another injured in school stabbing
- UAE Is Building a Giant Fake Mars City in the Desert
- The SNES Classic Has Launched - And It Went Better Than Expected
- Crude Oil Prices Rally On Market Optimis
- Suspect in custody after shootings leave Polk County officer dead, another injured