SUBPLOT: Franks is back at quarterback after his benching last week at Kentucky. To start the season, the Gators went with potential (Franks) over the known quantity of Luke Del Rio and the experienced graduate transfer, Malik Zaire.
Cleveland joins redshirt junior quarterback Luke Del Rio, who suffered a season-ending broken collarbone against Vandy, as two of last week's starters out for LSU.
"I was happy for him", Jack Del Rio said during media availability on Monday.More news: LSU paid Troy almost $1 million to come and beat them
"And yet we were really in a stall mode there after half".
OR (4-1, 2-0 Pac-12) gets No. 11 Washington State on Saturday and plays host to No. 20 Utah later this month, with a trip to rival Stanford waiting on October 14. 18 Kansas State on September 16.
This is a crushing blow for Del Rio, who had just recaptured the starting job after starting the year third on the depth chart. Jim McElwain will look to steady his QB position best he can moving forward. Then Alabama racked up 59 points and 677 yards at Dudley Field and the shine has clearly come off of Derek Mason's normally sure-tackling crew.More news: Tillerson 'wasting his time' negotiating with North Korea
"Watch (film), burn it, move on", he said. "I was like, 'OK, let me run over there to see if I can make a play". That's what it was.
The No. 21 Gators beat Vanderbilt 38-24. The game was tied at 14 at that point and UF responded by scoring on four of the next six drives on the way to season highs for points and total yards with 467, including 218 on the ground, and went 3-for-3 on fourth-down conversions. Something needs to change or it's going to be a bad day for the Commodores. The Pac-12 schedule-makers did Oregon no favors this season, as the Ducks are not off until the week of November 11, with arguably the two worst teams in the conference waiting after that in Arizona and Oregon State. He will be playing in his hometown of Gainesville on Saturday.
"He's obviously been a guy on the deep stuff". "He plays with a little extra juice". Vanderbilt did a lot of things that they hadn't done on tape - relying more on their passing game than their running attack. The 'Dores give up 4.4 yards per throw and 116.8 yards per game.More news: Takeaways from the Lions' 14-7 road win against the Vikings
The Gators have been frightful to bettors, failing to cover in five of their last six games overall.
- Marseille attack: Knifeman shot dead by army as one killed in stabbing
- Nawaz Sharif's party set to elect him chief
- 'Surprised' Hamilton on pole, Vettel last at Malaysian GP
- Facebook to Handover 3000 Russian-Related Ads to Congress
- Suspect in custody after shootings leave Polk County officer dead, another injured
- Manchester City make Napoli contract rebel a priority for January transfer window
- Pakistan was offered to exchange Kulbushan Jadhav with APS attacker: Asif
- Thomas-Fowler, Reed-Spieth lift United States at Presidents Cup
- Newcastle United vs Liverpool - betting tips and predictions
- US Intercept of NK ICBM Would Be Over Russia