"A trailer was released on Sunday for an upcoming Lifetime film "#Oscar Pistorius: "#Blade Runner Killer".
"Neither Oscar, the defence of the family were involved in the production of this film in any way", said Carl Pistorius, Oscar's brother, on behalf of the family.
The film was made with "blatant disregard for both the Steenkamp and Pistorius families, as well as a disregard for Reeva and Oscar", the family said in a statement shared via Twitter. "The "film" is a gross misrepresentation of the truth. Looking at trademark and image rights, we will be taking the matter further with our legal team".
Carl confirmed that the Pistorius family were not contacted by the producers of the movie, saying: "The title sounds like the movie was made with a bias to the producers".More news: Alex Iwobi 'not good enough' despite goal for Arsenal, says Arsene Wenger
Steenkamp's parents said on Monday they had been "horrified and upset" to read a report in United States media that the film would be told from the perspective of Steenkamp and her mother. Pistorius is played by Andreas Damm and Toni Garrn plays Reeva Steenkamp, his late supermodel girlfriend.
Koen said June did not watch the trailer, which was this week released by Entertainment Weekly.
When the movie hits the big screen in the USA, the Supreme Court of Appeal in Bloemfontein will have heard arguments as to whether Pistorius should receive a heavier sentence than the six-year term for murder he is serving at the Atteridgeville Correctional Centre, west of Pretoria. Pistorius shot Steenkamp in their home, through a bathroom door, apparently believing she was an intruder.
"A human is #Dead a #Killer sentenced 6year in prison and boom he is being honoured with a movie Oscar Pistorius #FunnyHowLifeIs" tweeted @mlungisib".More news: Takeaways from the Lions' 14-7 road win against the Vikings
The parents did not participate or endorse the movie nor were they asked for their comment.
The film is set to be released in November 2017.
"I don't know why they doing this Oscar Pistorius movie if Reeva's family is not ok with it, such disrespect!"More news: NFL players have a constitutional right to protest the national anthem
- 'Surprised' Hamilton on pole, Vettel last at Malaysian GP
- No. 21 Florida Gators, Vanderbilt Commodores look forward to fresh starts
- Marseille attack: Knifeman shot dead by army as one killed in stabbing
- Raiders lose QB Carr for 2-6 weeks
- Facebook to Handover 3000 Russian-Related Ads to Congress
- Yasir's five-for restricts Sri Lanka to 138
- LSU paid Troy almost $1 million to come and beat them
- Bangladesh, Myanmar joint group to oversee Rohingya repatriation
- Jurgen Klopp admits he wanted to sign Romelu Lukaku over the summer
- Tussle over Rahul's Amethi visit; First denied than allowed by Yogi govt