He was helped off the field and did not return to the game. The defense may have to carry Oakland because it won't be almost as explosive on offense without Carr. Knowing that they will be without their Pro Bowl signal caller, this could have the Silver and Black playing with more poise and awareness than we've seen in the first quarter of the season. But it's hard to imagine that Del Rio would embrace the idea, especially if he believes that Carr's injury status is temporary.
If Carr's injury really does stretch out to the worst-case-scenario six weeks, the Raiders then would go without him to Buffalo and Miami.More news: Alex Iwobi 'not good enough' despite goal for Arsenal, says Arsene Wenger
The Raiders franchise quarterback suffered a season-ending leg injury in Week 16 last season and signed a five-year, $125 million extension with the club this offseason.
While the former first-round pick did show flashes of solid play against the Denver Broncos, he still has just a 58.5 percent completion percentage and 76.9 quarterback rating. "I like the certainty he played with and I liked his accuracy". This has become a question for any team with an injured quarterback.
EJ Manuel moved the team well late in the Denver game when he was forced into action. Their backup quarterback is better this year and the defense is a little better. He's not at that level yet - and one has to wonder if he'll be able to reach that level at any point this season, considering the injury - but that doesn't negate the fact that he's vital to the Raiders' success.More news: Manchester City make Napoli contract rebel a priority for January transfer window
The Raiders have looked flat for most of the past two games.
The timeline the team gave of 2-6 weeks is generous. The Ravens, also 2-2, don't seem to be a very good team.More news: Tillerson 'wasting his time' negotiating with North Korea
- Air France Passenger Plane Makes Emergency Landing in Canadian Goose Bay
- Philadelphia Eagles versus LA Chargers: How to watch, radio call
- Takeaways from the Lions' 14-7 road win against the Vikings
- Facebook to Handover 3000 Russian-Related Ads to Congress
- 3 takeaways from win over Texas Tech
- Roku Announces Five New Streaming Players
- Bangladesh, Myanmar joint group to oversee Rohingya repatriation
- Yasir's five-for restricts Sri Lanka to 138
- Google reveals new policy to boost struggling news organisations
- Suspect in custody after shootings leave Polk County officer dead, another injured