Four of the critically injured were referred to Government Medical College Hospital, Jammu for specialised treatment.
"Indian Army gave befitting reply to the ceasefire violation", they said.
Till reports last came in, shelling and firing exchanges were on in the area.
The Director General (SA & SAARC) Dr Mohammad Faisal summoned Indian deputy high commissioner and condemned the violation by the forces, the Foreign Office said.More news: Jurgen Klopp admits he wanted to sign Romelu Lukaku over the summer
The Indian Army has foiled an infiltration bid by Pakistan's Border Action Team (BAT) in Jammu and Kashmir's Kupwara district on September 26. The deceased are a 15-year-old girl, a 16-year-old boy, and 10-year-old Israr Ahmad.
Three civilians were killed in Indian-controlled Kashmir, while one on Pakistan-administered Kashmir.
Last week, Pakistani troops had opened fire in the Poonch and Rajouri sectors.
Police sources said heavy shelling and firing started between the two armies in Kerni area today morning.More news: Yahoo Triples Likely Scope of '13 Hack to 3 Billion Users
She said it was very unfortunate that the teenagers became victims of fire power when they were yet to understand the nuances of politics. New Delhi says Pakistan initiates cross-border firing, Islamabad denies the allegation and says it only provides diplomatic support to the Kashmiri struggle for the right to self-determination.
Over the weekend, Pakistan said that Indian forces had fired on Pakistani positions Friday and that two civilians and a soldier were killed.
He said an Assistant Sub-Inspector B K Yadav was killed and three BSF jawans injured when the three militants entered the BSF battalion headquarters at Gogoland, adjacent to the airport.More news: President Trump doesn't let up on criticism of San Juan mayor
- Nawaz Sharif's party set to elect him chief
- 3 takeaways from win over Texas Tech
- Raiders lose QB Carr for 2-6 weeks
- Takeaways from the Lions' 14-7 road win against the Vikings
- Vegas Shooter Stephen Paddock's Disturbing Secret Emerges
- Tillerson 'wasting his time' negotiating with North Korea
- Bangladesh, Myanmar joint group to oversee Rohingya repatriation
- No. 21 Florida Gators, Vanderbilt Commodores look forward to fresh starts
- Oscar Pistorius has a 'horrific' movie made after him, here's the trailer
- Heading into the postseason, standings show Major League Baseball is awash in great teams