After their first Wild Card Game win since the game's introduction in 2012, the New York Yankees are preparing for their first American League Division Series since that same year and a matchup with the Cleveland Indians.
He added later: "I mean, how many times have you seen a player, say check, check, check, and it ends up being the call that they called?"More news: United Nations slams Myanmar's denial of access to Rakhine
With a 1-2 count and two outs in the sixth, Green's 95-mph pitch hit something before catcher Gary Sanchez snagged it.
Improbable because a Yankees lineup that was dormant Thursday night knocked out Cleveland ace Corey Kluber on Friday after only 2.2 innings of work.
Everyone from Ron Darling to Nate Silver tells us that the best way to win the World Series is strong pitching and great gloves up the middle.More news: U.S. automakers post first monthly sales gain of year in September
After the loss, Girardi was peppered with questions regarding his decision to pull CC Sabathia when he did, and perhaps sticking too long with Chad Green and David Robertson, both whom gave up critical home runs. He joined me to discuss C.C. Sabathia and the series as a whole. I think he was at 80, and it was set up for our bullpen.
J.D. Martinez went 3-for-4 and hit a solo home run off Clayton Kershaw in the sixth inning, but the Los Angeles Dodgers won the opener over the Arizona Diamondbacks, 9-5. I know his knees hurt at times and they're a little creaky, but, no, he's a really good athlete and he can manipulate the ball. Roberto Perez started behind the plate in Game 1. He threw 77 pitches. "I'm excited for him because past year he missed out". In 11 games as a reliever last season, Severino was 3-0 with a 0.39 and 25 strikeouts in 23 and one-thirds innings; the then-22-year-old, who started two games when the Yankees were eliminated from playoff contention, also held opponents to a 0.105 batting average.More news: Oil rises as Saudia Arabia and Russian Federation discuss output cuts throughout 2018
- World Cup without Lionel Messi edges closer to becoming reality
- Whole Foods near Allentown involved in data breach
- Putin Hosts Saudi King to Talk About Oil, Syria
- Trump to Decertify Nuclear Deal With Iran
- Pence: America must be 'dominant in space'
- 'Catalonia independence from Spain just days away'
- Bayern Muenchen Hires Former Manager Jupp Heynckes
- Sequel's bad habits break "Blade Runner" spell
- Google Launches Home Max and Home Mini Smart Speakers
- Tillerson Says US Concerned About Pakistan Govt's Future