Australia got off to a nightmarish start, losing stand-in-captain David Warner in the first over.
Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal should feature as spinners. Toss results are out and Indian skipper Virat Kohli has opted to bowl first. Chasing the revised target of 48, India lost opener Rohit Sharma (11) cheaply as he fell prey to Australia pacer Nathan Coulter-Nile's delivery in the second over.
India won the one-day series against Australia 4-1 to reclaim the No.1 spot in the ICC rankings and the hosts would be aiming for a ideal finish to the campaign with the T20I series.More news: Trump to Decertify Nuclear Deal With Iran
The DLS method was required after Australia's innings was cut short by bad weather, the tourists having lurched to 118-8 by the time rain stopped play during the 19th over. At 18.4 overs, Australia are 118 for the loss of 8 wickets as rain disturbed the Indian bowlers dominance.
Situation continued to worsen for the visitors as couple of overs later, leggie Kuldeep Yadav applied brakes on an aggressive Finch's innings, who had already smashed 42 off 30 ball with the help of four boundaries and one six.
Australia captain Steve Smith will miss the Twenty20 series against India to return home due to a shoulder injury with the Ashes on the horizon.More news: Catalonia's leader: 'We will declare independence in a matter of days'
After being thumped comprehensively 4-1 in the ODI series, the Aussies were looking to come back strongly in the first of the three-match T20I series at Ranchi. India have played only one other T20I in Ranchi, a 69-run win against Sri Lanka in February previous year, and it was an excellent batting track then, though there was help for the spinners too. Indian fielding also has to be complimented for being discipline and India also clean bowled 6 batsmen of the visiting team.
He praised his new ball bowlers Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Jasprit Bumrah. The final contest of the series will be on Friday in Hyderabad. For India, Axar Patel and Ajinkya Rahane sat out and they were replaced by Kuldeep Yadav and Shikhar Dhawan.More news: Tillerson Says US Concerned About Pakistan Govt's Future
- Oil rises as Saudia Arabia and Russian Federation discuss output cuts throughout 2018
- Bayern Muenchen Hires Former Manager Jupp Heynckes
- Pence: America must be 'dominant in space'
- Aging robot arm gets spacewalk surgery
- Amaju Pinnick: "The Super Eagles need to keep calm against Zambia"
- We Are In Good Condition To Play Uganda - Kwesi Appiah
- Theresa May's British dream is a personal nightmare
- Mr. Smith goes to Washington: Former Equifax CEO testifies before House committee
- Infotainment Systems Pose Distracted Driving Risks
- Malaysian fans hope F1 will make a return