Beckham had previously missed the team's season opener with a left ankle injury.
NY is 0-5 and going nowhere fast this season, so it would prove beneficial to see what it has with the young guys on the roster.
Beckham Jr. clearly had tears in his eyes while being taken off the field, signaling the possible severity of this injury. He had 16 catches for 139 yards in his first four games with the Giants.More news: Joe Girardi says he 'screwed up' by not challenging HBP call
The 24-year-old is one of the top receivers in the National Football League and scored a touchdown to give the Giants a fourth-quarter lead during their clash with the Los Angeles Chargers. They got to midfield but on fourth-and-10 from the Chargers' 48 Manning's deflected pass was intercepted by Tre Boston with 40 seconds left to seal the misery.More news: GST Council to continue rationalising rates, says Shukla
Coming into the game, one of the biggest keys for L.A. was getting tight end Hunter Henry more involved in the offense.
Giants hit rock bottom? Shepard had one catch for 9 yards against the Chargers. That gave them a 17-16 lead.
The Giants are essentially out of time for any sort of playoff run.More news: Stymied Police Seek Help in Uncovering Vegas Gunman's Motive
- Virat Kohli looks to extend domination in Steve Smith's
- World Cup without Lionel Messi edges closer to becoming reality
- 'Catalonia independence from Spain just days away'
- Hulu Releases New Teaser For Marvel's Runaways
- VP Pence Leaves NFL Game After Players Protest During Anthem
- Egypt's Chances of Passing Group Qualifications Improves after Uganda and Ghana Draw
- Final results for 2017 general elections
- Sacramentans finally hear from Puerto Rican family
- Bayern Muenchen Hires Former Manager Jupp Heynckes
- Vegas shooter Paddock scouted Fenway Park