Mulvaney said, "We are not going to bail them out".
Depending on what media outlets Americans engage, they might think that Puerto Rico is the only USA territory hit by hurricanes recently, but that's not true. And in 2013, when she was taking her oath of office, she was asked to swear to uphold the U.S. Constitution, and she turned her back on the proceedings.More news: 'Catalonia independence from Spain just days away'
Puerto Rico Gov. Ricardo Rossello defended the timing of the request, saying it took time to appreciate the extent of the devastation. To hear Trump (or Geraldo) tell it, he and his cronies "have done a great job with the nearly impossible situation in Puerto Rico".
Pence was in the U.S. Virgin Islands to get an update on the recovery efforts after the islands were socked by Hurricane Maria.
Though struggling post-hurricane, the governor said the territory doesn't expect aid to come strictly from the federal government, and the situation is "not a call for a bailout".More news: Vegas shooter Paddock scouted Fenway Park
The Adventure of the Seas cruise ship is set to bring relief supplies to Puerto Rico on Friday morning, and then begin regular sailings Saturday from the island hit hard two weeks ago by powerful Hurricane Maria.
US lawmakers pledged on Saturday to back Puerto Rico's recovery as Governor Ricardo Rossello prepares to request a multibillion dollar Congressional aid package to help rebuild from the devastation caused by Hurricane Maria. Mapp said, "There is no country that responds to disasters like the United States of America". His short trip to the island, which is still reeling from the destruction caused by Hurricane Maria, was characterized by repeated instances of callous words and offensive behavior. Pence says he spoke with Trump earlier and the president is relaying the message to residents there that, "We are with you today, we are with you tomorrow".
The governor commended Pence for visiting the island.More news: Whole Foods near Allentown involved in data breach
"And unfortunately, some of us are beginning to think that maybe it's because the U.S. Virgin Islands is a primarily black territory that we're not hearing anything in the news", Plaskett added.
- Final results for 2017 general elections
- United Nations slams Myanmar's denial of access to Rakhine
- ICE Director: Arrests Coming To California Neighborhoods, Workplaces
- Putin Hosts Saudi King to Talk About Oil, Syria
- Your Netflix Bill Is Going Up
- Virat Kohli looks to extend domination in Steve Smith's
- Egypt's Chances of Passing Group Qualifications Improves after Uganda and Ghana Draw
- World Cup without Lionel Messi edges closer to becoming reality
- Iowa State QB Park takes leave from team for medical reasons
- Malcolm Allen: Wales can prevail without Bale