Saudi Minister of Energy and Industry Khalid Al-Falih said that Cooperation between Saudi Arabia and Russian Federation has "breathed life back into OPEC" and made the kingdom more optimistic about the outlook for oil than it has been for several years.
"Our approach to this problem has been very strict: we have dismissed several thousand of imams from mosques for extremism, we modernize our educational system in order to rule out the possibility of misinterpretation of texts", al-Jubeir said.
Meanwhile, King Salman of Saudi Arabia has entered into a preliminary agreement to purchase Russia's S-400 surface-to-air missile defence system, he announced in Moscow last week.More news: Chargers Rookie WR Mike Williams To Make NFL Debut In Week 6
In September, Turkey finalized and made a deposit on a $2.5 billion deal for the S-400, deepening tensions between Washington and Ankara.
The deals ensured that advanced military equipment and Russian expertise will reach Saudi Arabia to prepare strong armies that possess the best weapons in the world, he added. "This process is very hard because Saudi Arabia has been closely connected with the United States for many years - financial, economic, political relations", political scientist Yury Pochta told Sputnik Radio.
"This potential sale will substantially increase Saudi Arabia's capability to defend itself against the growing ballistic missile threat in the region". That is while, Iran has never attacked a neighboring country for the past three centuries. Saudi Arabia's neighbours, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates, have also been supplied THAAD systems. "It becomes obvious that Saudi Arabia needs to look around, that the former reliance on the United States alone is already risky", Pochta said.More news: Remnants From Nate Bringing Rain, Gusty Winds To Parts Of Tri
The U.S. State Department has OK'd a $15 billion missile defense sale to Saudi Arabia, despite some lawmakers' objections over human rights concerns.
Russian Federation and Saudi Arabia have agreed on the supply of S-400 anti-aircraft missile systems, as well as a number of other weapons, including the Kalashnikov AK-103. The system is able to track and engage up to 300 targets to an altitude of 27 kilometers at the same time.More news: Final results for 2017 general elections
- Vegas shooter Paddock scouted Fenway Park
- How Analysts Rated GKN plc (LON:GKN) Last Week?
- Giants lose Odell Beckham to broken ankle as disastrous season gets worse
- VP Pence Leaves NFL Game After Players Protest During Anthem
- Hulu Releases New Teaser For Marvel's Runaways
- India failed to cause problems for opponents, says coach Matos
- Iowa State QB Park takes leave from team for medical reasons
- Spanish gov't to take measures if Catalonia region unilaterally declares independence
- Scotland secures last-minute win over Slovakia
- 13th person from Hollywood nursing home dies, lawyer says