English edition of Asharq Al-Awsat - the world's premier pan-Arab daily.
A Russian Sukhoi Su-24 bomber skidded off the runway during takeoff in Syria on Tuesday, killing the entire crew, the Defense Ministry said, according to TASS. Both crew members eject, the pilot is killed by ground fire while the other crewman is rescued. At the same time, the defense Ministry said that the destruction of the earth as a result of incident no.More news: Remnants From Nate Bringing Rain, Gusty Winds To Parts Of Tri
The two-person crew failed to eject.
A still image taken from a file video footage shows a Russian Sukhoi Su-24 military jet taxiing on the tarmac at the Hmeymim air base near Latakia, Syria. Initial reports said that the chopper was shot down, but the Defence Ministry subsequently denied those reports.More news: VP Pence Leaves NFL Game After Players Protest During Anthem
Russian Federation has staged air strikes in Syria in support of the regime of Bashar al-Assad since 2015.
Over the past week, Russian jets have intensified their sorties, conducting up to 150 airstrikes per day.More news: Authorities suggest Vegas gunman was plotting auto bombing, more attacks
- Spanish gov't to take measures if Catalonia region unilaterally declares independence
- Spain the 11th Team to Qualify for the 2018 World Cup
- Chicago Man Arrested For Vandalizing Christopher Columbus Statue
- Trump asks me for tweeting advice, says his ex-wife Ivana
- EPA Plans to Repeal Clean Power Plan
- Sacramentans finally hear from Puerto Rican family
- Game ball for week 5 loss to Michigan State
- Microsoft Has Given Up On Trying to Make Windows Phones a Thing
- Nokia scraps VR camera division - over 300 employees affected
- Heavy rain likely in northern Odisha