Despite years of preparation, India had one of the worst campaigns in the tournament as they failed to garner a single point in three games and conceded nine goals. That, coupled with Ghana's 4-0 win over India, shot the African side to first in Group A and allowed Colombia to overtake the USA.
India's U-17 side faced the heaviest defeat of their Federation Internationale de Football Association U-17 World Cup campaign on Thursday as they went down 4-0 to two-time tournament winners Ghana.
So, India need to score at least three without response against Ghana.More news: "Defence data stolen from firm using 'admin' and 'guest" as credentials
Pointing out that the standard of the U-17 World Cup is far higher than the I-League and the Indian Super League (ISL), he said his boys have taken away valuable lessons from the tournament which will stand them in good stead when they represent the country at senior level.
The Americans await the word of who they will play in the first knockout game.
The head coach of the Indian U-17 national team, Luiz Norton de Matos has disclosed that he knew his outfit will find it hard to cope against Ghana. If he continues to develop at this rate, Dheeraj Moirangthem might well be the long-term successor to Gurpreet Singh Sandhu.More news: Trump to announce Iran strategy tomorrow: White House
The United States advanced to the round of 16 at the Under-17 World Cup despite losing 3-1 to Colombia yesterday.
Jeakson Singh Thounaojam (15) scoring India's goal vs Colombia.
The joy was short-lived, as Colombia scored the victor just about a minute later. Indian Super League side Delhi Dynamos have often played in front of minimal fan support, so it was heartening to see the people of New Delhi turn out in big numbers for the Federation Internationale de Football Association U-17 World Cup games. Drum beats, chants and even Mexican waves were regular occurrences at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, which led to compliments not only from India coach Luis Norton de Matos, but also US coach John Hackworth. They didn't pose any threat and didn't come to the party like other matches. Congratulations to them, they were the better team but I'm very proud of the players, ' he added.More news: Khloé Kardashian Just Hinted at the Kind of Mom She'll Be
- Tom Brady 'not worried' about shoulder injury; will play in Week 6
- World Cup Host Russia Halted by Team Melli in Friendly
- Rose McGowan's Twitter Account Suspended As She Renews Attacks on Hollywood
- Hillary Clinton 'shocked and appalled' by Weinstein accusations
- Never Said It Was Lionel Messi Team - Mauricio Pochettino Blasts Pep Guardiola
- Former Liverpool defender showers praise on Philippe Coutinho
- Supreme Court dismisses 1 of 2 travel ban cases
- Wells Fargo $1 billion accrual due to talks with US Justice Department
- How to install MovieBox++ on iOS 11 devices without jailbreak
- Oil Halts Gains Near $51 on Signs US Crude Stockpiles Expanded