So, you'll be able to look around in VR, but you can't walk.More news: Court Rules in Favor of National Football League in Ezekiel Elliott Suspension
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg seems to be realizing a sobering reality about virtual reality: His company's Oculus headsets that send people into artificial worlds are too expensive and confining to appeal to the masses. The headset itself is covered with a soft fabric material, not unlike Google's Daydream View headset. Dash is a central hub that incorporates all the old Oculus interface elements into something you can access from anywhere in VR, designed for motion controllers. You can invite friends to visit and check out your Home, of course, and Oculus says it's looking into other ways you can hang with your virtual buddies in the future. They can target both Gear VR and Oculus Go at the same time, and Facebook confirms Oculus Go will be binary-compatible with Gear VR content.
Gartner analyst Brian Blau said there's still one hurdle the Oculus Go will have to overcome.More news: "Defence data stolen from firm using 'admin' and 'guest" as credentials
Zuckerberg promised the Oculus Go would be "the most accessible VR experience ever" and help realize his new goal of having 1 billion people dwelling in virtual reality at some point in the future. But a business could much more easily dedicate a VR room, have staff knowledgeable enough to set it up, and with a flow of customers or co-workers to make it worthwhile. "My goal here was to show how VR can raise awareness and help us see what's happening in different parts of the world", he said, adding that he meant to publicize a partnership with the Red Cross where Facebook helps create population maps that can be used by rescue workers.
The Oculus Go will sport a built-in 2560×1440 display, but it's LCD.More news: Federation Internationale de Football Association U-17 World Cup Day 7 Schedule and Live Streaming
Oculus Go is positioned in the middle of the road, and this is an important link to make if Facebook wants to grow VR. The headset was then known under the code name "Santa Cruz". Luckily, at this year's Oculus Connect event, the firm finally took the veil off of its product and announced the Oculus Go.
- Trump to announce Iran strategy tomorrow: White House
- Palestinian Authority, Hamas Reach Reconciliation Deal After 10-Year Feud
- Congress To Release Russian-Bought Facebook Ads To The Public
- Honor 6C Pro unveiled with modest specs and sleek design
- Tom Brady 'not worried' about shoulder injury; will play in Week 6
- Supreme Court dismisses 1 of 2 travel ban cases
- 'Carpool Karaoke' episode with Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington released
- India's high court rules having sex with child brides is rape
- World Cup Host Russia Halted by Team Melli in Friendly
- Never Said It Was Lionel Messi Team - Mauricio Pochettino Blasts Pep Guardiola