Brett Hundley, a fifth-round NFL Draft pick from 2015, had a great 129.6 passer rating as a rookie in the preseason and the Green Bay Packers coaching staff believes he can be a quality NFL starter. The Packers announced at halftime that his season may have been cut short after his injury diagnosis. He walked off the field, exchanging words with the Vikings defenders, then was examined briefly on the sideline before being taken off on a cart.
The result brought both teams to 4-2 records on the season, with Minnesota holding an advantage thanks to Sunday's rivalry win.
In 2013, Rodgers missed seven games with a collarbone injury after taking a similar hit.
Romo's cousin, Andy Alberth, who co-founded the National Fantasy Football Convention with Romo, is lobbying hard for the former Dallas Cowboys quarterback to jump at the chance to fulfill a childhood dream.More news: Never Said It Was Lionel Messi Team - Mauricio Pochettino Blasts Pep Guardiola
Entering Sunday's game, Hundley had appeared in five regular-season games for Green Bay, completing 3-of-11 passes with one interception and no touchdowns.
Hundley's first pass of the day was intercepted by cornerback Xavier Rhodes, which led to a Vikings touchdown drive. His fumble was returned 63 yards by Clay Matthews and set up a Davante Adams touchdown reception that tied the game at 7-7.
Matt Flynn, Scott Tolzien and Seneca Wallace were forced to fill in while Rodgers was out in 2013.
"Losing Aaron Rodgers speaks for itself". "Rodgers is the best, but we still have to go out there and contain and play sound football".More news: Election Commission announces dates for Assembly elections in Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh
"I hope @AaronRodgers12 is OK!" He is going to come down as the best safety in the league.
"Looks like Aaron Rodgers' throwing shoulder hurt", Fox Sports commentator Skip Bayless tweeted.
This is pretty much the worst possible news for the Packers. "I'm not a big fan but he's a BIG STAR".
Vikings coach Mike Zimmer's defense has always gotten after Rodgers in these tense matchups, and it happened again in the first quarter when Barr drove him into the turf after he got rid of a roll-out pass.More news: Mobile Limits the Data Usage in Canada and Mexico to 5 GB
- India's high court rules having sex with child brides is rape
- What USC QB Jake Bentley did following Saturday's win has people talking
- "Defence data stolen from firm using 'admin' and 'guest" as credentials
- Oil Halts Gains Near $51 on Signs US Crude Stockpiles Expanded
- Brexit: UK and European Union 'move heaven and earth' to protect NI
- Wins and Losses for Outgoing Liberian President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
- Jets search for answers after questionable overturned TD
- 'Carpool Karaoke' episode with Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington released
- Rival Palestinian Groups Hamas, Fatah Reach Deal Over Control Of Gaza
- Collins says she's not running for governor, will stay in Senate