Nevertheless the Dutchman felt it was a performance Everton can build on as they bid to kick-start their stuttering season.
"The commitment of the players and the belief was good".
"It's 1-0 down in a hard situation and the team need points".More news: 'Carpool Karaoke' episode with Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington released
"It's not easy in the Premier League, and going to Brighton, so let's hope that point gives the boys a little bit of confidence".
"Taking penalties is not the most hard job but, at that moment, if your team needs points and you keep calm then that is experience and that is world-class".
The Dutchman said: "Sometimes an global break is good for everybody and of course Gylfi qualifying for the World Cup, that gives always a good boost to the player and that's important that they come back with a lot of positives".
Despite a television-friendly kick-off slot the match was not actually screened anywhere in the United Kingdom - although bizarrely it was live in India.More news: Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas are engaged and Instagram is in bits
Anthony Knockaert had given Brighton the lead only a few moments earlier, before a moment of madness from Bruno saw the host's captain appear to elbow Mason Holgate in the face and concede the spot-kick.
Brighton were left hanging on at the end, with Ryan ultimately crucial in ensuring they secured a point, as the goalkeeper made a brilliant double save to deny Kevin Mirallas in stoppage time. "Because of the timing, it feels more like a defeat".
A slow start in the Premier League, with only four goals scored to date, has been compounded by inconsistency in the Europa League, where Everton have been beaten 3-0 by modest Italian side Atalanta and drawn 2-2 with Apollon Limassol at home.
"They were great saves from the keeper".More news: Atlanta waives Richard Jefferson, Kay Felder
- Indian troops kill three Kashmiris in Pulwama
- Aaron Rodgers broken collarbone means the Steelers miss him again
- Iraqi, Kurdish Troops In Tense Standoff As Deadline Nears
- Rose McGowan's Twitter Account Suspended As She Renews Attacks on Hollywood
- Mesut Ozil lacks ruthless streak of true Arsenal greats, says Troy Deeney
- Election Commission announces dates for Assembly elections in Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh
- Brexit: UK and European Union 'move heaven and earth' to protect NI
- Wells Fargo $1 billion accrual due to talks with US Justice Department
- Rival Palestinian Groups Hamas, Fatah Reach Deal Over Control Of Gaza
- Oil Halts Gains Near $51 on Signs US Crude Stockpiles Expanded