IST: HALF-TIME! India lead 1-0 against Pakistan. Indian stalwart Harmanpreet Singh was on the scoresheet along with Ramandeep Singh and Chinglensana Singh. Chikte once again came to India's rescue soon, when he denied Pakistan with a fine save from their fourth penalty corner.
Q4 58'min: India just need to calm their nerves to win this encounter, they still lead 3-1 vs Pakistan. Soon Gurjant had a great chance to consolidate India's lead but his push, after a fine one-two with Akashdeep was saved by the Pakistani goalkeeper.
Pakistan mounted heavy pressure in the last two quarters and eventually managed to score one in the 49th minute when Ali Shan found the back of the net with a reverse hit after Arslan Muhammad's initial attempt was blocked by India skipper Manpreet Singh.
India secured their first penalty corner soon but Varun Kumar's grounded flick was wide off the target.More news: Jets search for answers after questionable overturned TD
# But they missed the opportunity again. The ball goes past between two players.
Q1 10'min: 10 minutes into the game and it's even stevens so far.
Brief Preview - Two easy wins garnered, a confident India would face its toughest test in the event when it takes on arch-rivals Pakistan in the much-anticipated clash of the Asia Cup hockey tournament in Dhaka on Sunday.
At the Hockey World League Semi Final in London, India had thrashed their neighbours 7-1 in the pool stage and followed it up with a 6-1 win in the classification match.More news: Congress blazes victory trail in Nanded, BJP trails (2nd Lead)
India, who had not created a proper goal-scoring chance in the first quarter, got the lead in the 17th minute. Pakistan earned their second penalty corner in the 20th minute but it still didn't give them the equaliser.
"Our management has changed and I am confident we will put up a good show where hockey lovers from across the world will enjoy the match", expressed the 27-year-old. India lead 2-0.
In the Super 4s, which get underway on October 18, India and Pakistan will be joined by the top two teams from Pool B, with Malaysia already having qualified and to be joined by the victor of Monday's clash between China and South Korea.More news: What USC QB Jake Bentley did following Saturday's win has people talking
- Collins says she's not running for governor, will stay in Senate
- Indian troops kill three Kashmiris in Pulwama
- Now You Can Order Food On Facebook
- Ezekiel Elliott Eligible to Play Until Petition for Rehearing is Resolved
- Mobile Limits the Data Usage in Canada and Mexico to 5 GB
- Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas are engaged and Instagram is in bits
- Oculus details inside-out tracking of Santa Cruz prototype headset
- German Football Team distracts from losses by kneeling down
- Millie Bobby Brown's Eleven returns in final 'Stranger Things' Season 2 trailer
- Aaron Rodgers broken collarbone means the Steelers miss him again