In a New Yorker profile, sources tell the magazine of several instances where Trump has mocked Pence's ultra-conservative nature, including his views on social issues such as abortion and LGBTQ rights.
Bottom line: Trump knows that Pence is a right-wing Christian extremist with a faith based hatred for LGBT people, and he thinks it's amusing.
But on the issue of LGBTQ rights, Trump addressed a darker view he suggested Pence held.More news: Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas are engaged and Instagram is in bits
In the piece, it details how Trump attempts to show that he is the "boss" of Pence and often makes joke at the expense of the vice president.
When the discussion at the meeting turned to gay rights, Trump motioned toward Pence and joked, "Don't ask that guy - he wants to hang them all!"
This week, Jane Meyer from The New Yorker published a piece pointing to this, entitled "The Danger of President Pence".
The Washington Blade has placed a request in with the White House seeking comment on why Trump would make that joke and whether he thinks the death penalty for homosexual acts is a human rights violation. He said the law 'wages war on freedom and religion in the workplace'.More news: Congress blazes victory trail in Nanded, BJP trails (2nd Lead)
The story also revealed how Pence had started up a White House Bible-study group for senior officials.
Trump ran an outsider's campaign and is at odds with many of Pence's socially conservative views.
The New Yorker reports that Trump's remarks are essentially a way of undermining his veep. But to have chosen Pence as his VP, knowing the former IN governor's positions on issues like LGBT people's rights, is even more despicable. Pence has hired an outside lawyer, Richard Cullen, and has further strengthened his political armor by hiring Nick Ayers as his chief of staff. Laurence Tribe, a law professor at Harvard, tweeted, "The VP appears to me to be in what we lawyers have been known to call deep doo-doo".
The White House did not immediately respond to the report.More news: Asia Cup : India beat Pakistan 3-1
- 'Carpool Karaoke' episode with Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington released
- Millie Bobby Brown's Eleven returns in final 'Stranger Things' Season 2 trailer
- Fani-Kayode Blasts Okorocha for Erecting Zuma's Statue in Owerri
- Jets search for answers after questionable overturned TD
- Passengers describe panic, terror aboard Indonesia AirAsia flight
- Mobile Limits the Data Usage in Canada and Mexico to 5 GB
- Mesut Ozil lacks ruthless streak of true Arsenal greats, says Troy Deeney
- Brexit: UK and European Union 'move heaven and earth' to protect NI
- Election Commission announces dates for Assembly elections in Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh
- US Supreme Court to review Microsoft email privacy case