This features a modem "Snapdragon X12 4G LTE" to enable the peak download with the speed 600 Mbps.
From here, Qualcomm's roadmap aims for carriers to test 5G in 2018, with the first networks to go live in 2019. The X50 modem works perfectly in this design as Qualcomm has also built a new millimeter wave antenna to support it.More news: Fani-Kayode Blasts Okorocha for Erecting Zuma's Statue in Owerri
Qualcomm has released a new system-on-chip that's created to support the new 18:9 aspect ratio displays that are becoming more common these days. This change of plans for Qualcomm began back in March, when the company said that the Snapdragon brand will only be meant for premium processors.
Now today, the company announced its same X50 modem and the product has not only been shrunk down to the phone - suitable dimensions but the modem is even working on Qualcomm's first 5G reference smartphone. The reference design is 9mm thick and contains an edge-to-edge display.
Normally, 64-bit kryo, which we see in flagship Snapdragon 8XX chipsets, is gradually coming down to lower level. "We believe our unique expertise and capabilities are well aligned in the commercialization of 5G by delivering the next generation of high performance mobile broadband and IoT solutions".More news: Aaron Rodgers broken collarbone means the Steelers miss him again
The processing solution comes with Kryo 260 CPU which is around 40 percent faster as compared to its performance with the Snapdragon 630. An Engadget report cited Qualcomm representatives as saying that the 5G feature could be done much sooner than thought before.
The company tested the 5G internet connection on their own X50 5G modem, using the 28GHz millimeter wave frequency band. Named as the Snapdragon 636, the latest SoC comes with enhanced gaming and display technology support over the Snapdragon 630 Mobile Platform. For now, the only smartphone in existence that can take advantage of this spectrum is none other than the LG V30.
The shipment of Snapdragon 636 is expected to be in the next month, following the introduction of the Snapdragon 630 and 660 mobile platforms around May.More news: Facebook acquires TBH, an anonymous teen compliment app
- Jets search for answers after questionable overturned TD
- Asia Cup : India beat Pakistan 3-1
- Carney and new MPC colleagues throw doubt on interest rate hikes
- Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas are engaged and Instagram is in bits
- North Korea has warned that nuclear war could break out any moment
- Google Maps ditches misleading walking calorie counter
- Iraqi, Kurdish Troops In Tense Standoff As Deadline Nears
- How The Media Is Giving Kim Kardashian Body Dysmorphia
- US Prosecutors Announce First-ever Indictments Against Chinese Opioid Manufacturers
- How the Kochs are using Mike Pence to shape Trump's White House