While the overall wealth of Trump's presidential Cabinet has been noted in the past, he is the only member of the group to be included on the Forbes list. The average net worth rose to $6.7 billion, up from $6 billion a year ago.
According to Forbes, it now requires $2 billion to make the list, a almost 18 percent jump from previous year.
Gates' net worth totaled $89 billion, up $8 billion from 2016.More news: Carney and new MPC colleagues throw doubt on interest rate hikes
To determine the ranking, Forbes took into account stakes in public and private companies, real estate holdings, and other assets including art, jewelry, cars, and planes. By Forbes' estimates, Trump's wealth has fallen 31 percent in two years.
The Forbes 400 edition of the magazine was released today.
The fortune of the nation's commander-in-chief shrank by $600 million, to $3.1 billion, dropping him from 156th place to 248th place in the 2017 Forbes 400 ranking, the magazine reported Tuesday.More news: US Prosecutors Announce First-ever Indictments Against Chinese Opioid Manufacturers
"A tough NY real estate market, particularly for retail locations; a costly lawsuit and an expensive presidential campaign all contributed to the declining fortune of the 45th president", it says.
Forbes said 289 people on the list saw their fortunes increase in the previous year, while 51 billionaires saw their net worth decrease.More news: Mughal history will be rewritten: BJP MLA
- Dow Jones sails past 23000 milestone, hitting record highs
- Google Maps ditches misleading walking calorie counter
- U.S. wants stronger India economic, defense ties given China's rise: Tillerson
- Asia Cup : India beat Pakistan 3-1
- Qualcomm declares Snapdragon 636 mobile podium
- Stock to Keep Your Eyes on: Time Warner Inc. (TWX)
- Lighthizer Slams Canada and Mexico for Refusing to Accept NAFTA Reforms
- 14000 lone children among Rohingya refugees: Bangladesh
- The Chicago Bulls' Practice Didn't Go As Planned
- Roger Goodell: "We believe everyone should stand for the national anthem"